Post about ongoing games here.

Moderators: Tim M, uckelman

Re: twilight imperium PBEM anyone?

Postby rbelikov » January 28th, 2012, 7:23 am

PS JP, you forgot salvage operations
rbelikov

Postby AbsoluteZero » January 28th, 2012, 7:31 pm

Pre-order pass unless there is an AC used against me, in which case I may want another action.

Mentak to finish phase.
AbsoluteZero

Postby jpsuchecki » January 29th, 2012, 1:17 am

Ok status phase then. I already did mine.

I did not take TG for salvage operations since you were killed in precombat.
GM Lost Worlds (Wiki), TI3 Anyone, Small Worlds, Last Stand (Vassal)
Mentak TI3 Anyone (Vassal) 2ndish
N'orr Zero-1 (Vassal) In progress
Hacan Redemption (Wiki) Ended
Yin Asymmetric Galaxy (Vassal) Ended
jpsuchecki

Postby AbsoluteZero » January 29th, 2012, 2:30 am

I claim 11 planets PO and reveal and claim my SO - 6 planets with a tech bonus. That's 10 points.

I did get quite lucky with the 11 planets PO. However, I was looking to win this round either way. Once Mentak moved his flagship to Starpoint I started celebrating my win. I could have taken Wellon and put diplomat there, taken Arnor and actually cared about what Saar was doing, and claim 2 tech in 3 color objective (and I had my sights on the precursor station as a fallback). I would also have been more careful with my forces this round if it wasn't for the 11 planets PO - when I saw that I starting throwing ships around for fun because I knew it had it.

Good game fellas! Thanks Rus for organizing and JP for being our GM.
AbsoluteZero

Postby TunaDude » January 29th, 2012, 2:38 am

Hah! Just got there before I managed to post my status phase. Good game guys and well done Zero. I feel partly responsible as a kingmaker for that huge attack on the Saar last round, it may have made the difference. I'm sorry for not putting faith in your truce, Rus ;) . I also should have made Naalu the target for the bounty, but I over estimated how far Creuss was in front. Anyway, thanks everyone for an enjoyable game.

I will be hosting the next game, please let me know if you're up for it. I'll be using the same rules as are in Zero's games.

P.S My secret objective was to control all the wormholes. Would have got it this round.
Attachments
status_r6_norr.vlog
(112.98 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
TunaDude

Postby jpsuchecki » January 29th, 2012, 4:54 am

Congrats Zero, happy you did so well. I needed one more turn to win the game and I couldn't really stop you from claiming that planets objective. I wasn't counting on you getting the win though. Anyway good game.

Final thoughts anyone? Also please remember to delete old logfiles.
jpsuchecki

Postby rbelikov » January 29th, 2012, 4:58 am

Likewise thank you gentlemen for an enjoyable game!

I think Naalu is the only one that gets to do the status phase because the game is over as soon as he reches 10 points and he does the objective pase first. So, is this the correct final ranking?

1st: Naalu (10 VP)
2nd: Saar (6 VP, ahead of Creuss b/c of tiebreaker rules)
3rd: Creuss (6VP)
4th: Mentak (5VP)
5th: N'orr (3VP)
6th: Arborec (2VP)

PS My secret objective was industrial (control MR, and have 3 SDs and 5 DNs on the board. Probably could have gotten it this round if N'orr didn't go commando on me :))

PS2 This game reinforced my belief that alliances are the key to winning this game, sort of like in the game Diplomacy. If everyone is out for themselves, than any two people allying together will get ahead of the rest. (Creuss, N'orr, I'm looking at you :))

PS3 Long live our Naalu overlords!
rbelikov

Postby TunaDude » January 29th, 2012, 7:04 am

rbelikov wrote:PS2 This game reinforced my belief that alliances are the key to winning this game, sort of like in the game Diplomacy. If everyone is out for themselves, than any two people allying together will get ahead of the rest. (Creuss, N'orr, I'm looking at you :))

Maybe, but I had a non-aggression pact with you, and that local unrest REALLY ticked me off!
TunaDude

Postby shaunm » January 29th, 2012, 10:21 am

Thanks for the game guys. Congrats AZ. Must say this game again showed me the reasons why our f2f group will never again play symmetric setups and Distant Suns. But that's what's great about TI3: so many ways to adjust it to one's preferences.
shaunm

Postby Zilfalon » January 29th, 2012, 3:37 pm

if anyone is interested: Done. Finally.

thx for hosting.
Zilfalon

Postby Zilfalon » January 30th, 2012, 9:42 am

apparently not.

Well, you are probably not interested in that either.

I want to end it with that, because I got pretty much insulted in that game and dont want to leave it at that without explaining.

do with it whatever you want, but dont ever question my competetive gaming attitude or my ability to differ between a a game and friendship.
Attachments
justification.txt
(7.27 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
Zilfalon

Postby jpsuchecki » January 30th, 2012, 6:56 pm

Zilafon

Thank you for your comments and your honesty. I knew from the beginning that there would be problems with me taking the GM spot and the player stop. I always tried to do everything in honesty. I always had a rep chosen for myself before even looking at what was submitted.

I agree with a lot of your movements and frustration. You have no need to justify yourself, not even for kingsmating. (Which I never thought you were doing.)

I didn't want to tell you what I was doing with that fleet because I wasn't quite sure for the longest time. You were my best option for getting my Secret Objective.

Its important to remember that this is a game, I respect all of you has players and would look forward to playing a another game with you sometime. (Though not as a GM.)

I wish you all luck in your future endeavors exploring the galaxy.
jpsuchecki

Postby TunaDude » January 31st, 2012, 4:17 am

Zilfalon wrote:I want to end it with that, because I got pretty much insulted in that game and dont want to leave it at that without explaining.

do with it whatever you want, but dont ever question my competetive gaming attitude or my ability to differ between a a game and friendship.

What part did you take as an insult? I questioned your attitude and your friendship because you said you wanted your friend to win. You said you wern't happy with your position and didn't like the game rules so were trying to help shaunm to win. I don't think most people like kingmaking and you're always going to draw some kind of response if that's what you claim to be doing.
TunaDude

Postby Zilfalon » January 31st, 2012, 2:08 pm

Well, thx JP.
It was sort of weird to have he GM next to me. But I also learned that the Arborec (which were the only race from the beginning I did not want to play - what are the odds?!?) do not excuse a lot of mistakes.
I can tell you for a fact that if I would have been a little faster and had taken at least one GF with that last fleet I had, I would use "Silence of Space" to get to your HS and blockade so you wont score any points anymore. But naalu was not in my reach. But I thought of that way after I had placed them there, and realized I forgot to bring GFs.....stupid me. I had a lot of errors in that game and Arborec do not like Errors to a far extend...unlike Sol for Example.
I actually had that prelim to control 2 System next to Mecatol...but since everything was so far out of reach...I almost had it, but next round...and then getting the secret so late? uncool...

Yes Tuna, I said that, I was frustrated with the galaxy, my "random" starting position and getting randomly the ONLY Race I did not want to play. If that wasnt up for a good start. I did never say I want him to win. of course not, but I had Mentak next to me, so it was better for me, you take care of him.
Well I played anyway and tried to get to at least some points. Wanted to get my third now, maybe next round my prelim, so I would have 4 VP. With a little luck 3 more (maybe and Artifact from Creuss), 2 Supp of Throne, 1 Supp Throne Territorial Sun marker and 7 VP, done. That was the plan but it took to long.

I do not understand "draw some kind of response".
Anyway, at least u get my points. I did not want to ruin the game or something I just felt hurt in my competetive heart (:D).
Zilfalon

Postby TunaDude » February 1st, 2012, 5:13 am

I see, I think it was more of just a big misunderstanding on my part. Hopefully there are no hard feelings, good on you for sticking the ga,e out at least.
TunaDude

PreviousNext

Return to Games in Progress