Create account / Log in

New and Confused

Topics related to the main Vassal engine.

Moderators: uckelman, Tim M

Inventory Tool search

Postby dcholtx » January 28th, 2009, 3:54 am

What you suggest is better than what we currently have. (Of course if you take this step, then you'll make me obligated to go back through and make my cards correctly. Geez that's a bit of work, but with a perl script and the existing texts files, I might be able to automatically generate the build file. This falls into the category of being careful what you wish for, because you just might get it. I was planning on learning JSF and JSP for my Chivalry and Sorcery RPG combat queue this spring.)

The one remaining problem would be trying to evaluate your deck as a whole. One of the nice features of the B5 deck builder (see above reference about the deck builder found on Vorlon Space), is that it summed up the deck properties of your deck. Take a look at the interface of this program, it has a summary tab (right hand side tabs) as well as 2 search types. I realize that this one is specific to this particular game, but it appears to me with this late binding programming model, it might be possible to make a configurable deck builder (by the module builder).

But the search, in what every form, would be of great benefit. There are currently about 350 cards that were only produced virtually, as Precedent went out of business before these could be published. Currently neither the deck builder program nor any of the browser based tools has any capacity to search these cards. So Vassal would be the only "deck builder" that would handle these cards for the B5CCG.

I'll have a further look at the inventory tool. I did notice it, and it is close, but not quite there (I think).
dcholtx

Previous

Return to General Discussion