Create account / Log in

Player Side lost from some pre-set scenarios

Issues with the Vassal engine.

Moderators: uckelman, Tim M

Player Side lost from some pre-set scenarios

Postby marktb1961 » January 1st, 2021, 4:55 pm

I have been working on a module that has several Player Sides including one called "Solitaire".

Suddenly I have found that the Solitaire side has disappeared from 2 or 3 of the pre-set scenarios that are associated with the module. One of these was a new scenario that was created using an earlier version of the module, another was one from an Extension to the module (I unzipped the extension to get at the saved file) and finally one of the affected saved scenarios had always been part of the module and suddenly it too lost the Solitaire role.

I should add that in all cases I have been using Refresh Counters to update the saved game files and also that the Solitaire role exists in the "extension" module. Also that other saved files still have the Solitaire role.

Does anyone have an idea what might be going on?
Platform: Vassal 3.5.3, MacOS Big Sur on iMac (27", mid-2020)
marktb1961

Re: Player Side lost from some pre-set scenarios

Postby JoelCFC25 » January 1st, 2021, 7:22 pm

Are you certain that you were not occupying the Solitaire player side at the moment the saves were created?
JoelCFC25

Re: Player Side lost from some pre-set scenarios

Postby marktb1961 » January 1st, 2021, 8:55 pm

JoelCFC25 wrote:Are you certain that you were not occupying the Solitaire player side at the moment the saves were created?

Yes and I can demonstrate that by opening up one of those saves. It joins me as "observer" and offers the various player roles to join as; Solitaire excluded.

Mark
Platform: Vassal 3.5.3, MacOS Big Sur on iMac (27", mid-2020)
marktb1961

Return to Technical Support & Bugs