Create account / Log in

Minor stack rollover display issue

Suggestions for additional features for the module editor and Vassal engine.

Moderators: uckelman, Tim M

Minor stack rollover display issue

Postby Martinov » April 21st, 2020, 11:00 am

The popup that appears when you rollover a stack shows the piece images in a row with "top" vertical alignment.

If any of those pieces have text labels with top or bottom alignment, the pieces end up in a ragged uneven line (not a biggie I know).

My solution would be to find the largest total height of any piece in the stack, and vertically centre align the images show in the rollover.

Actually, playing around with it a bit, it might be simpler to simply omit text labels from the mouse rollover view, they don't play nicely in it.
Martinov

Re: Minor stack rollover display issue

Postby Cattlesquat » April 21st, 2020, 3:26 pm

You can make it omit the text labels if you want, in configuring your mouse rollover viewer. Just blank out the relevant lines.
Cattlesquat

Postby Martinov » April 21st, 2020, 4:49 pm

My bad - that's the second time I have been caught out not appreciating the rollover. Will read the fine print next time!
Martinov

Postby Martinov » April 21st, 2020, 4:57 pm

Although that said, my mouse-over stack viewer seems to be ignoring the display text, include non-stacking pieces & include non-movable pieces checkboxes and just doing its own thing. Back to the manual...
Martinov

Postby Cattlesquat » April 21st, 2020, 5:33 pm

When it seems to be ignoring my changes, that's often a sign it's time to save the module, exit all the way out, and re-launch the session... (it's not ALWAYS the problem, but it's on the standard "is the device connected to the power source?" checklist...)
Cattlesquat

Return to Feature Requests