Create account / Log in

Deck related feature requests

Suggestions for additional features for the module editor and Vassal engine.

Moderators: uckelman, Tim M

Deck related feature requests

Postby barbanera » January 1st, 2021, 11:11 am

I will just collate here a few deck related feature requests that I have (but feel free to argue me out of them or add your own):

1) add a command key and a customizable/wipeable field (currently fixed at "Face up") to flip the entire deck face up or down (already posted in a separate thread and added to the bug tracker) ;

2) often decks are used as containers of pieces which are not really cards, and the term "card" might confuse players, thus it would be nice to be able to customize the "Draw multiple cards" and "Draw specific cards" texts (or at least to be able to replace the word "card" with something else, like "piece", "token" or anything one wishes to use);

3) the Mouse-over Stack Viewer can be currently checked to include the top piece in a Deck, it would be nice to be able to only include the top piece in face up decks, excluding instead face down decks in the same map;

4) when a global hotkey invokes deck commands (like flip, reverse, send to another deck etc) allow suppression of the corresponding report messages to screen, even if the request for suppression is actually coming from a GKC which is running the global hotkey and not the global hotkey itself.
barbanera

Re: Deck related feature requests

Postby barbanera » February 2nd, 2021, 11:02 am

5) RETURN-TO-DECK enhancement request: allow the deck name to be dynamically specified (Beanshell)
barbanera

Postby shilinski » February 2nd, 2021, 7:15 pm

Yes, dynamic deck name construction in return-to-deck. I get around it now by using send-to-location instead.

My other choice would be a hot key that lets me sort a deck based on a named property. I have a lot of uses for this one.
shilinski

Postby marktb1961 » February 3rd, 2021, 11:05 pm

Nice thread; please allow me to suggest some deck maintenance functions for consideration...

6) Allow Deck parameter changes to be applied to preset scenarios - akin to Refresh Counters.

7) A visual editor function akin to region/zone modification that allows a deck or at-start stack to be located/re-located.

8) A facility to allow deck/at-start stack location changes to be applied to pre-set scenarios.
Platform: Vassal 3.5.3, MacOS Big Sur on iMac (27", mid-2020)
marktb1961

Return to Feature Requests