Create account / Log in

Card Game Search Function

Suggestions for additional features for the module editor and Vassal engine.

Moderators: Tim M, uckelman

Card Game Search Function

Postby Guari » June 18th, 2017, 1:54 pm

Will the search function be implemented in the next Vassal updates?
I mean when you're building a deck and looking for a card you type the name of a card in the search bar and it gives you as a result that card or a list of cards containing that name.
Or is this ability already implemented in Vassal?
Thanks to all in advance.
Guari

Guari

Re: Card Game Search Function

Postby DrNostromo » June 19th, 2017, 2:38 pm

It already is built in. Normally, you would right-click the card deck and you'll get an option to pick a specific card. You'll then get a list of all the cards in the deck and the one you select is moved to the top.

If you don't have that option in a module that someone has built, you would need to talk to the module creator as they have obviously suppressed this option.
DrNostromo

Re: Card Game Search Function

Postby Guari » June 19th, 2017, 4:57 pm

No,you didn't understand my issue.I know that the function that you said already exist,but the function i was asking for is another.I'll make an example to explain it better:i want to put a card in my deck,so i open the library where there are all the card sets of the card game.Normally i would scroll the cards' lists and look for that card "manually",but i want to know if there's a function that allow you to type the card name in a bar that will give you a list of results.
Example:i want "Tyranitar" in my deck.Is there a function that allow me to write tyranitar in a search bar that will show me immediately the card?Just like dueling network or dueling book if you want a better example.
Guari

Return to Feature Requests