Create account / Log in

Foul Play: Blood Bowl team manager

Topics related to Vassal game modules.

Moderators: uckelman, Tim M

Re: Foul Play: Blood Bowl team manager

Postby Tim M » August 12th, 2015, 2:59 pm

Desyncs have nothing to do with how the module works. Thats an issue with the user's end/isp/network connection or an engine bug (very unlikely).

Cards/Cheat tokens etc cant change their state and/or disappear without some sort of user input. Like all things program related, the module can only do what the user tells it to do - it can't do things on its own :)

Be sure to record a log next time of your games which we can step back and look through to help capture any problems though. It helps to see what the users are doing and if they do something inadvertent. Also check all users are using same version of vassal and of the module. Make sure there are no mismatches just in case there is a potential compatability problem.
Tim,
Vassal Uber Geek/Guru

Problems? post your OS, Physical Mem, version of Vassal and Java plus the Module in question.
No developer can help with out that info, thx!
Tim M

Postby megakaraczan » August 12th, 2015, 3:41 pm

Thanks for taking time to reply. I think I managed to pinpoint the issue - it usually occurs then someone tries to send a card to the bottom of a deck. Then, for some reason, the deck goes missing and the only cards left are the ones sent to the bottom. What is more, some people see the deck just fine, some don't. It appears to be a general VASSAL issue. I've found that other people had similar problems as well like here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/138617 ... ck-problem

All the players have the same version of Vassal installed. We've managed to reproduce the issue in test environment and user input is definitely not at fault here.

Is it worth reporting as a bug? Has anyone experienced this?
megakaraczan

Postby Kruniac » August 14th, 2015, 9:40 am

Do any of you happen to have the old Blood Bowl Vassal module?

GW won't allow Vassal to host it, but I'll host it if someone could send it to me.
Kruniac

Postby serjones » March 26th, 2016, 1:12 am

Hi Tim
Thank you again for this module (BBTM) and its expansions.
I have tried the new version and there are a couple of bug with the last expansion.

1)The goblin team doesn't have the two Trool Card.
2) You cannot assign the icon at the star player when you draw an all star whit the new teams (PPG league)
3) If you clear the field some times some players disappear. But is not important this problem, because with the back command we can fix it.

If you have time to resolve these problem please let me know.
Thank you very mutch again from Italy!!!!!
Sergio
serjones

Previous

Return to Module General Discussion