PM sent - I can log in only by replying to a post in the forum and when I switch to the Module page I am not logged in.

Well, i cant also login to mainsite to loadup new modules or overwork older :frowning:

And i liked the older style of mainsite more, this new one is very worry :open_mouth:

Don’t worry, lads. All will be cleaned up and sorted out. Shit always happens during a site move. Pour yourselves a drink, lite up a cigar, and dont worry about it.

I think the login problem is fixed now. (I say “I think” because I’m still uncertain about why what I did was effective, if the problem is in fact fixed.)

uckelman whatever you did does seem to have fixed the problem. I can now log in and access all areas.

Maybe not. I just dropped by the forum and the first thing I noticed was that I wasn’t logged in automatically. First time that’s happened.

I clicked Log In and the forum wouldn’t let me in. Had to reply to the message to get logged in.

Thus spake Dr_Nostromo:

Maybe not. I just dropped by the forum and the first thing I noticed was
that I wasn’t logged in automatically. First time that’s happened.

I did changed the DNS records about an hour ago, so this site shows up
as vassalengine.org instead of test2.nomic.net. That means the domain
for all of the cookies changed, which would force you log in again.

I clicked Log In and the forum wouldn’t let me in. Had to reply to the
message to get logged in.

What error message did you get?

J.

I am now able to log in because of your fix, so that’s cool. Still unable to download modules, Battlelore is the one I am trying to get. Tried a couple of others that weren’t GMT and it’s asking me to upload a file. If it’s still down please disregard.

Battlelore is still in Cleanup - I have not gotten to its wiki page yet due to
the multiple pages it has needing consolidation. I have fixed the file links so
the module is now available though.�

What were the others you tried? If the file link is red - then the file does not
exist on the site and may be why its asking you to upload. There are many files
we still need to go through

To: messages@vassalengine.org
Sent: Thu, July 22, 2010 12:28:13 PM
Subject: [messages] [General Discussion] Re: Log in problems on new forum

I am now able to log in because of your fix, so that’s cool. Still
unable to download modules, Battlelore is the one I am trying to get.
Tried a couple of others that weren’t GMT and it’s asking me to upload a
file. If it’s still down please disregard.

Read this topic online here:
https://forum.vassalengine.org/t/log-in-problems-on-new-forum/3089/26

I was playing around on the site and was successful at downloading Panzer Blitz, so I returned to the battlelore and saw stuff had been changed so came back here and saw your response. Thanks!!! Knowing it’s still being worked on is good enough for me. I don’t remember the other file I tried but if I come across one again I’ll let you know, and I will watch out for the red links. All efforts are appreciated.

As of tonite, all of my login problems seem to be resolved.

Keith

Yesterday, all was good. Today I couldn’t log in at all (until I tried to reply to this post and the “other” log-in screen came up).

Thus spake Richz99:

Yesterday, all was good. Today I couldn’t log in at all (until I tried
to reply to this post and the “other” log-in screen came up).

I’m going to be removing that way of logging in soon. If you’re still
having problems, then I need you to email me your username and password
so I can troubleshoot.

J.

I sent you a PM, Uckelman, hoping for some help. Right now, the only way I can log in is by replying to a forum message.

Thank you in advance.

Thus spake MadSeason:

I sent you a PM, Uckelman, hoping for some help. Right now, the only way
I can log in is by replying to a forum message.

I’m replying here with the same thing I said in the PM:

I can’t reproduce this. When I log in as you, it works fine for me.

Are you behind a caching proxy? What happens if, when you see a page which
says you’re not logged in when you expect to be, you force the page to
reload?

J.

I don’t know what to say. It seems to be working right now. I just navigated all over the site and stayed logged in. That wasn’t like that before…

I did try opening another window and being logged in in two different windows. It’s not a huge deal, but I was unable to log in in the second window while remaining logged in in the first window.

I’ll be in touch if it stops working. :smiley:

Thank you for looking into it.

I tried refreshing the page when I was having the problem… No luck.

All’s good today. Hopefully tomorrow’s the same.

If you’re logged in, but then your browse to another page where it says you’re not logged in, please check the URL of the not-logged-in page. I have a suspicion that the domain will be vassalengine.org instead of www.vassalengine.org. The next time this happens for you, check the URL and let me know whether my suspicion was right.

If this is happening for you, it’s due to the domain specified for the site cookies. The site cookies are all for the www.vassalengine.org domain, so if you go to vassalengine.org without “www”, the relevant cookies aren’t presented to the web server. I’m looking into whether I should (1) remove the “www” from the cookie domain, (2) redirect vassalengine.org to www.vassalengine.org, (3) redirect www.vassalengine.org to vassalengine.org and remove the “www” from the cookie domain, or (4) something else.

Also, if you’re having login problems, try deleting all of the cookies your browser has from vassalengine.org. I just corrected a small problem with the way cookies are sent, which might make a difference for logging in.

uckelman whatever you did does seem to have fixed the problem. I can now log in and access all areas. :laughing: