I have a simple question about global key commands and decks

I am stuck. I am trying to make a global key command that will move cards from several decks to several other decks.

The purpose is to redistribute a set of cards in between rounds so that they are in different positions. So far, I have been able to send the top card from a deck to a different deck (although my solution seems pretty inefficient.)

What | want to do is to send all of deck B to all of deck A, then all of deck C into all of deck B, then all of deck D into all of deck C.

The problem that I am having is that I can’t figure out how to get the global key command to send a command to decks, not individual cards. I thought that I could just send a keystroke and that would work, but it does not seem to. So my question is:
How do I get a global key command to command a deck to move its contents to another deck?

In the [Deck] properties, there’s an entry for “Include command to send entire deck to another deck”. You can set up a specific key for each deck. When selected, you can add information to create a menu button, if you like, and a hot key.

Since the hot key you’re applying to this deck is a global hot key, if you wish to use a game component to perform this action (card, button, etc), then you can use a Global Hotkey trait on that component to trigger the movement of the deck.

If you wish to move several decks at once, you would use a Trigger Action trait to fire several Global Hotkeys …one hotkey for each each deck.

Example based on your description:

DeckA [Deck]

DeckB [Deck] (Include command to send entire deck to another deck) - Checked
Send Hotkey - ALT B
Name of deck to send to - DeckA

DeckC [Deck](Include command to send entire deck to another deck) - Checked
Send Hotkey - ALT C
Name of deck to send to - DeckB

DeckD [Deck](Include command to send entire deck to another deck) - Checked
Send Hotkey - ALT D
Name of deck to send to - DeckC

Let’s say you’re using a game piece set up as a button to trigger the deck switches. Your game piece would have the following traits. Keep in mind that I’m listing them in the order they would execute but traits in a game piece operate from the bottom up. So, the first item listed here would the last item in your trait list on the piece.

Action Button
Fires - CTRL 1

Trigger Action
Keystroke - CTRL 1
Perform these keystrokes
CTRL B
CTRL C
CTRL D

Global Hotkey
Keyboard Command - CTRL B
Global Hotkey - ALT B

Global Hotkey
Keyboard Command - CTRL C
Global Hotkey - ALT C

Global Hotkey
Keyboard Command - CTRL D
Global Hotkey - ALT D

This should send DeckB to DeckA, then DeckC to DeckB, then DeckD to DeckC.

I think this is what I tried, but I will try again. Maybe I made some typos.

Yes, this did in fact work. Thanks.