Different Mask (counter flip) Colors

Forum Deities,

I have a counter that has 4 different colors - the rest of the graphics are the same just the background color is changeable. I did this by adding a layer and associating 4 PNG’s you can cycle through with CTRL-P.

What I need to do is have the back of the counter match the front color when yo flip it. I have 4 different PNG’s that match the front but the Mast Trait only takes one graphic and I can;t see a way to associate it with the front even if it did.

I could I guess make 4 different counters but then you can’t toggle them and the counter tray gets redundant (somewhat). You only need to toggle the color at setup - if that helps.

Pretty much a noob at this but I am catching on fast.

Any help appreciated.

RU5150.

Instead of using layers, how about setting up 4 different counters? Then use the Replace with Other trait to swap out the counter you want for a given color. Each counter has the mask, etc of the correct color., as well as the Replace with Other traits so it, in turn, can be replaced with another color if necessary.

Use a trigger that will set a dynamic property based on the front color (i.e 1 = red, 2 = blue, 3 = green, 4 = yellow) Have the background color layer trait set to follow a property value. It should follow your Dynamic Property.

To set, whenever you mask/flip your piece to whatever front color have the trigger fire to set the DP value.

Tada - your background color will now match all the time

No need for multiple counters. As you say, its redundant.

— On Sun, 3/6/11, ru5150 pcoons@swbell.net wrote:

Subject: [messages] [Module Design] Different Mask (counter flip) Colors
To: messages@vassalengine.org
Date: Sunday, March 6, 2011, 7:55 PM

Forum Deities,

I have a counter that has 4 different colors - the rest of the graphics
are the same just the background color is changeable. I did this by
adding a layer and associating 4 PNG’s you can cycle through with
CTRL-P.

What I need to do is have the back of the counter match the front color
when yo flip it. I have 4 different PNG’s that match the front but the
Mast Trait only takes one graphic and I can;t see a way to associate it
with the front even if it did.

I could I guess make 4 different counters but then you can’t toggle them
and the counter tray gets redundant (somewhat). You only need to toggle
the color at setup - if that helps.

Pretty much a noob at this but I am catching on fast.

Any help appreciated.

RU5150.

Read this topic online here:
https://forum.vassalengine.org/t/different-mask-counter-flip-colors/3726/1

Thanks! I’ll try it and see how far I get before I run into another question. ;-)