Counting Action Button uses?

I’m working on a module where in the game, a number of locations can get damaged (30), and if all 30 damage tokens are used up, then the game ends. Originally, I made a deck for the damage tokens, and attached a text item to count the cards in the deck, so you could always see how many were left (and panic accordingly). But it was really tedious dragging the counters from the deck and moving them to the different locations, so I’ve now made spaces on the locations that you can click on and the damage token will pop on. That works so much better, but now I’m wondering if there’s a way I can count how many of those that I’ve activated, so I know if/when it’s hit 30 without having to always count them by sight. I have the Invoke Key Command for the Action Button for the location damage tokens as “CTRL D”. Is there some way to track and show via Text Label the number of times that Key Command has been invoked? If so, how exactly do I word it in the Text Label? Or is there another way that needs to be done?

Thanks much.

Create a numerical Global Property to represent the total number of damaged locations. On the damage tokens, set a trigger that does your existing Ctrl D, as well as another trait that does a Set Global Property for the Global Prop you created earlier. (The Set Global Property trait should increment the value of the GP for 1 each time it’s done.). Now every time a player does the trigger, the piece will be deleted and the GP will go up by 1.

You can either use a text label to report the value of the GP, or you can do a Report trait on the piece to report on the current GP value. When the GP reaches 30, game over.

I got messed up when you said “on the damage tokens, set a trigger that does your existing Ctrl D”, as I was then trying to add a Trigger Action trait… but you meant to do what I had already done, to add an Action Button with the CTRL D. It works great now, though. Thank you!