Ben Smith's modules

Works fine for me now - just didn’t get the whole thing the first time I downloaded.

Doug

Added a new module for The Seven Days of 1809 from Operational Studies Group.

I do not see it on the Media Fire page.

Keith

Sorry Keith.

I was using a Vassal Beta when I created some modules, but there was a bug which broke them for use with 3.1.9. So I had to take down two of the downloads while the bug is being fixed. The 7 Days of 1809 and South Mountain are both affected. I’ll make them available when it has been sorted.

Ben

Thanks Ben and appreciate your VASSAL work.

off topic CWR3.0 is more convenient to play as all the rules are in one booklet and the errata has been cleaned up.

Thanks Keith. The modules have been fixed and are available for download again.

Cheers!

Added Tannenberg from SPW games. Half of The Schlieffen Plan/Tannenberg/Galicia module. It should be an ideal introduction to the Der Weltkrieg system.

Case Blue and GBII are now combined in the same module. So you should be able to play all CB, GBII and combined CB/GBII campaigns. It’s huge!

CB/Gb2: Oustanding! Thanks so much

I’m having trouble loading the combined mapset for CB/GB2. I have 2G of RAM. I’ve been trying different heap sizes but generally get a first error message saying the heap size is too large and then when to module loads I get a run out of memory message.

1. Should I be adjusting the heap size in the module only or the main vassal program only. i.e. before I try to open any module? Or Both?

2. Should the intial heap size and the second one be set to different values or the same?

I have the memory mapped option checked on and the high scaling checked off.

Any suggestions or is the complete game just too large for 2G of RAM.

Open the CB/GBII module first, then go into Preferences and set your initial heap to 512 and max heap to 1024. You can leave high quality scaling turned on, and memory mapped images off.
Then close the module and close VASSAL. Then re-open it and try loading the map.

Well, that works for me; Your mileage may vary. :slight_smile:

Thanks Ben. Loads just fine now. I think I’ll avoid that memory mapped thing in future.

Ben,

What happened to the files at Media Fire? I get No Files or Folders Found.

Keith

Looks like a problem with Media Fire Keith. Hope they get it sorted soon.

I’ve updated the Tannenberg module to include Galicia.

Ben

I can’t find the reserve markers, German or Soviet. Can you tell me how to find them? Thanks.

Added Fire in the East (from GDW’s Europa series)

What happened to the Case Blue module? Seems to have been deleted?

Hi. Great work on all the modules you have built. I was just wondering if you had any plans on updating the Breakout Normandy module with the newly released L2 map and units?

Thanks,
Kevin

I downloaded Eurofront II, and I’m not sure on how to load a specific module. I want to play the practice module Edelweiss, but don’t see an option for doing that. I had assume it was like C&C, where you can just load a module. Can you give me some advice? Thanks!