ADC2 module conversion to Vassal?

Is there a way to import existing ADC2 modules into Vassal?

I have ADC2 but it was on a very old now-defunct PC and the CD will not install under Vista (the installer setup file does nothing, even using compatibility mode set for 95, I can actually run just by copying the files off the CD but it crashes at least on any menu selection). I have several ADC2 modules, some of which I paid a certain game company extra money for in addition to buying the game.

Anyway irregardless, I just plain like Vassal better so… I would like to be able to use these in Vassal if there is a method available to import them. I have read a couple snippets on the site that suggest that other players have done this with at least some success.

Is there a tutorial or how-to- or faq or some step-by-step description of this process for someone with no Vassal module design experience whatsoever?

Well, I can’t find the answer to my question by searching (ADC2, convert, import, …) but here I found someone who was asking the same question almost three years ago…

I found an “Import Module…” command at the Module Selection screen. After clicking that, VASSAL wants me to show it an ADC2 file to “open” (I assume). I don’t know which to choose. I have tried the .set and .map files. The .map file returned something in the VASSAL Module Editor but without any images.

Any help?

Try opening an .OPS file instead

Opening a .SET file just gives you the counters. Opening a .MAP file only
gives you a map. Open the .OPS file.

• M.

On 6 May 2011 11:07, gboyce gfb2468@aol.com wrote:

Well, I can’t find the answer to my question by searching (ADC2,
convert, import, …) but here I found someone who was asking the same
question almost three years ago…

I found an “Import Module…” command at the Module Selection screen.
After clicking that, VASSAL wants me to show it an ADC2 file to “open”
(I assume). I don’t know which to choose. I have tried the .set and
.map files. The .map file returned something in the VASSAL Module
Editor but without any images.

Any help?

That worked. Thank you.

Now, I only wish I had selected the .OPS file for the campaign game. I’ll try that later.

But it does seem that I need (ought?) to clean-up the import a bit. It seems to have some un-necessary objects. But I can’t complain, it seems to have worked. I have already reduced the map file size, that should help with sharing.

Another nice VASSAL feature, thanks code monkeys.

But it does seem that I need (ought?) to clean-up the import a bit. It
seems to have some un-necessary objects. But I can’t complain, it seems
to have worked. I have already reduced the map file size, that should
help with sharing.

That’s not hard to believe. The import function won’t know what parts of
the module are effectively useless.

• M.

I need more details? please help