Invisible Cards

Hello,

I’ve tried to browse the documentation and the forums for an answer, but nothing I try works…

I’ve made a simple module where players draw from a deck of tokens and place them on a map. However, when I draw a token, it’s invisible to the other player, and when they draw a token, it is likewise invisible to me. The token is not FACE DOWN, but literally INVISIBLE.

I only have a few traits in the entire game. There is a deck of cards with a mask trait for each card, with a back defined. I’ve set the deck to where new cards are drawn face up. I have also set the global option that cards can be unmasked by anybody. Even if I remove the mask entirely, cards still apear invisible to each player.

There is literally nothing else to the game except some game pieces (pawns) which appear fine for everyone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’m surmising that you’ve tested this with another player…

So is it possible you’re not synched to one another? If you weren’t synched, you would both see the At-Start stacks defined in the game, but you wouldn’t see each other draw pieces from a deck.

I guess this attests to my newbie-ness, but I’m not sure what you mean. How does one determine if you’re synced?

I can see him move and place the game pieces (pawns) just not cards from the deck.

I looked up syncing in the manual, and it fixed my issue!

Thanks! sorry for the nooby question.

Do you have two mask images? If you have just one, then you’re not displaying a mask image to the other player. Your mask trait has a “View when Masked” option, which is the back of the card. Below that, you need to include an image that is shown to you when the card is faced down to the other player. Missing one of these images may make the cards invisible. This second image could just be a repeat of the first image or it could be some sort of symbol. Here’s an example:

[attachment=0]MaskSample.png[/attachment]

When a card is face down to a player, they see the top image. The player who owns the card can see the card face but it will have the small symbol image shown below the main image on the card face. That tells the owner of the card it’s still face down to their opponent.

The OP says they have set the deck to draw cards face up so the masking doesn’t matter here.

“I’ve set the deck to where new cards are drawn face up. I have also set the global option that cards can be unmasked by anybody. Even if I remove the mask entirely, cards still apear invisible to each player.”

This sounds more like that there isn’t actually any image defined for the actual card itself