chit pull system

I’m trying to implement a chit pull system, but I can’t seem to figure out the problem. I have single piece chits that I want to return to a deck. They should return to the deck face down and shuffled. When I draw from the deck I get a random face up chit.

My chits have:

• Basic Piece - with front image
  • mask with - with back image
  • Return to deck - “Cup”

The deck is located on “Cup Tray” map window
deck “Cup” has :
face down - yes
draw face up - yes
re-shuffle - always

When I right-click on a chit and select return to cup, they do go to that location, but face up and they don’t shuffle. I also can’t drag any chits to the deck. It’s like the deck doesn’t exist, yet return do deck works. What am I missing? Complete noob here and learning as I go. I looked at other modules but can’t figure this one out.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like everything should be right but obviously something is wrong.

Is the mod small enough to post it here? Or you can send it to my E-mail and I’ll take a look at it.

DrNostromo@DrNostromo.com

It’s right here vassalengine.org/mediawiki/i … _v1.3.vmod

I’m not the original author, but have been updating a few things including all the counter art. Looking at other modules, it should work as it is. If you can spot something, please let me know. The deck is on the Cup tray map. The chits are within the palette.

I think that may be your problem when you say the chits are in the palette. Chits need to be cards, not game pieces. Cards seem to have some additional hidden features pieces don’t. When you are building a module they are not interchangeable by cutting and pasting elements. Recreate the chit as cards in the cup deck and you should be good to go with them.

I did try creating cards within the deck. For some reason, I can’t see the cards I created at the deck location. I made sure there was a front and back image to the cards. I can’t even see the black outline on a empty deck.

Make sure in the Deck Properties, the ‘Belongs to Board’ drop-down is set to the right map board (the board you want the deck to appear on).

Yup. Did that. Even tried it on different map boards. Still the same problem.

Are you loading a saved setup file?

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:messages-bounces@vassalengine.org] On Behalf Of thepete
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2011 3:00 PM
To: messages@vassalengine.org
Subject: [messages] [Module Design] Re: chit pull system

“mycenae” wrote:

Make sure in the Deck Properties, the ‘Belongs to Board’ drop-down is
set to the right map board (the board you want the deck to appear on).

Yup. Did that. Even tried it on different map boards. Still the same
problem.

Read this topic online here:

Yes, it’s loading a saved game file. Is that no good?

Any changes you make to the module are in gerneral, notreflected in saved game files. They only apply to new games/new counters pulled. The reason for this is to ensure that games in progress continue to work as they did when they where first created.

I see. So when I do changes, I have to recreate the save file? That should be the problem then. I’ll give it a try.

Update: It works! All this time it was that simple. Thanks for the help.

Winner! :slight_smile:

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:messages-bounces@vassalengine.org] On Behalf Of thepete
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2011 6:16 PM
To: messages@vassalengine.org
Subject: [messages] Edit: [Module Design] Re: chit pull system

[This message has been edited.]

I see. So when I do changes, I have to recreate the save file? That
should be the problem then. I’ll give it a try.

Update: It works! All this time it was that simple. Thanks for the
help.

Read this topic online here:
https://forum.vassalengine.org/t/chit-pull-system/4114/11