Image capture (save map as png) incomplete

Strange thing that seems to have spread from Russian Campaign to other modules… using the “Save map as PNG” button results in an incomplete map… anyone else experienced this?

A problem that was irritating me quite a bit earlier today (through tests with various modules, and through a reboot of the computer), that now seems to have disappeared… ah, the wonder of computers.

When a map draws itself in the game, it will only draw the portion of the map that can be seen. If you haven’t zoomed out on the map so that you can see the whole map, the portions that haven’t been viewed will be blanked out on a PNG capture. So, just make sure the whole map has been loaded into memory by viewing it completely before capturing an image.

Ah, thanks, this was really puzzling me!

Thus spake kpilkington:

Strange thing that seems to have spread from Russian Campaign to other
modules… using the “Save map as PNG” button results in an incomplete
map… anyone else experienced this?

The most likely cause is that some of the tile cache is clearing
before the entire map is copied. You might be able to avoid this
by increasing your max heap.

J.

I’ve got max heap set to 512 which I think is enough for the maps on these games… (Russian Campaign exports to a 2.9MB PNG.) But I don’t know how much goes on the heap!

So far it does seem to be working to scroll around the map before saving. I know when I initially noticed it I was just trying to get pictures of setups, and then when I started troubleshooting I was just opening modules and exporting maps without looking at anything on the boards…

then of course, I was worried that just the other day I’d tried “Load Continuation” for the first time, and I’ve seen that referred to on these boards as “Import virus” or some such… (I hope you’re laughing… I am!)