What does PBEM stand for?

I know PBF = play by forum
and PBEM or PBeM is the same thing…

Play By eh… Multiplayer (PBeM)?

Play by Email.

On the server status page, it shows player names in the rooms.

How do I enter those rooms?

ugh, I’m so upset, I planned to play BSG but they started before I could figure out that my ?? Wizard was unchecked ?? therefore it wouldn’t give me the option to join their game…

To make it worse, when I finally read the entire manual to find out about the wizard popup, then joined their game… The moderator booted me out without saying a single word…

What a let down this has been…
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4530&start=15

Maybe you guys should announce when the game is full, so the rest of us don’t have to wait around for nothing. Bad community in my opinion.

Well, I can’t really blame the entire community… I take that back… I had a bad experience… I can assume their dedicated group of 5 has to deal with filtering through the plethora of anonymous immature children that plague the online community. Maybe they are just fed up with dealing with nubs. I don’t know.

Anyways, I’ve been watching the forum “looking for players” for a while now, and that thing hardly moves. I guess this website isn’t as popular as yucata.de or any of the other board game sites. I’m constantly playing games daily there and shouldn’t expect Vassal to be even close to as good as those sites.

Thus spake charliechuckleberry:

Anyways, I’ve been watching the forum “looking for players” for a while
now, and that thing hardly moves. I guess this website isn’t as popular
as yucata.de or any of the other board game sites. I’m constantly
playing games daily there and shouldn’t expect Vassal to be even close
to as good as those sites.

I don’t see why you shouldn’t expect VASSAL to be as good. (I expect it
to be better, myself.) But perhaps this is not the best place to look
for opponents for BSG?

J.

No, I meant all games in general. I was also looking for TI3 , but I guess I’ll be hosting my own >< soon possibly. After I figure out how they do it.

I’m jotting down some notes: (I don’t feel like writing this one use thing on paper)

Going to attempt to use Low Risk Shattered Sun’s tokens, to add a feeling of exploring to the game.
No leaders (less complications)
I’m going to allow flag ships (I hope I don’t regret that)
No Representatives (less complications)
Preliminary Object card, then secret objective card after prelim is completed.
No Mercs
No space mines

Any action cards, political, ect events… effecting ONLY what’s not allowed, can be replaced for a new card.

These are just my notes,
Charlie

Going to add 8 relics to the game.

I mean, 4 blanks, and 4 relics randomly. 8 relic blanks and reals.

Just saw this thread. Charlie, it was perhaps wrong for the host to kick you (I didn’t even realize he had - I thought you just left), but to be fair, you arrived a 1/2 hour into the game, and your screen name was nothing like your name here, so nobody knew who you were.

I wouldn’t be so quick to write off the community, as we were just six people playing a game. But we were all operating under the assumption that everyone who wanted to play already knew how to use Vassal, and so once 4pm struck and we had six players ready to go, we were off (none of us were looking at the Vassal forums at that time - why would we?).

So I’m sorry you had a bad first experience, but as I said in the other thread, if you get used to how Vassal works on your own first, then next time, maybe you’ll be one of the players who’s ready to go at the appointed time. :slight_smile: