Is there a way to add a sound to 'Mark Not Moved'?

Hi guys,

Just as the title says - is there a way to add a sound to the ‘Mark Not Moved’ feature? I can’t seem to find a way…

Did you mean Mark When Moved? Either way, you can create composite commands like this using Trigger Actions.

1. Create a Mark When Moved trait on the piece (keystroke Ctrl M). Leave the command name blank so it won’t appear on the command menu.
  2. Create a Play Sound trait of the sound you want to play (with a keystroke of Ctrl S). Leave the command name blank, like before.

Now create a trigger action trait with a Menu Command name of Mark When Moved with a keystroke of Ctrl K. Under “Perform these keystrokes”, enter Ctrl M and Ctrl S.

Selecting Mark When Moved will then execute the (hidden) Mark When Moved trait and the sound.

(BTW, the keystrokes here are just examples–you can use whatever keystrokes you want as shortcuts.)

Thank you Mycenae, but no, I definitely meant ‘Mark Not Moved’, aka ‘Mark Unmoved’: the button in the toolbar, for games that use it.

Hitting that button marks the end of a round in my game, and I’d like to have a little chime to announce that this has occurred. Any way to do it?

You can do a similiar thing to the Trigger Action in a trait at the module level by using a ‘Multi-action button’. A Multi-action button aded to a map sends a set of hot-keys to the map in sequence. Use this to send two HotKeys in sequence:

1. A hotkey to fire off an ‘Action Button’ defined at the Module level to play the sound.
  2. The hotkey to fire off the Mark Not Moved button at the map level.

Add your ‘Mark Not Moved’ to the Multi-Action button and remove the icon from the Action Button and the Mark Not Moved section of the map so that they do not appear.

Thank you Mycenae, but no, I definitely meant ‘Mark Not Moved’, aka
‘Mark Unmoved’: the button in the toolbar, for games that use it.

Hitting that button marks the end of a round in my game, and I’d like to
have a little chime to announce that this has occurred. Any way to do
it?

Thank you, Brent. :slight_smile:

I’m having a little trouble getting my head around this, though… would I be effectively removing the ‘Mark Not Moved’ button from the toolbar, and putting it on the map, instead? Please forgive my daftness - still pretty new at this…