Zoom capability breaks tabbed map panels

When putting a number of maps into a Chart object through a tabbed panel, it is possible to create a number of map panel controls for each panel; image capture, clear moved button, etc. If you put a zoom control into the first panel of the group then all the controls for that panel do not show up. The space where they appear is still there, and the controls are fine on all the other panels (whether they have a zoom control or not).

Module where you can see this in action: Carthage: The First Punic War, in the downloads area. Both the Carthage and Rome Displays buttons are for tabbed map windows, and the first tab in each shows the blank control area on the first tab, with full controls on the other tabs.

Okay, I’ve recently figured out this isn’t quite as bad as it looks. What I describe above is true, but if you resize the window, the missing controls appear.

This is the toolbar button bug thats been around awhile, although we haven’t figured out why yet. It happens to other buttons as well, not just the zoom control ones

Thus spake Rindis:

When putting a number of maps into a Chart object through a tabbed
panel, it is possible to create a number of map panel controls for each
panel; image capture, clear moved button, etc. If you put a zoom control
into the first panel of the group then all the controls for that panel
do not show up. The space where they appear is still there, and the
controls are fine on all the other panels (whether they have a zoom
control or not).

Module where you can see this in action: Carthage: The First Punic War,
in the downloads area. Both the Carthage and Rome Displays buttons are
for tabbed map windows, and the first tab in each shows the blank
control area on the first tab, with full controls on the other tabs.

I think this might have been fixed as part of Bug 4132, in 3.1.19. Can
you confirm whether this still occurs? I tried, but can’t replicate it.

J.