Zero-2 PBF

theasaris aka shaunm checking in. In regard to Kristobal’s rules question, we actually had that problem come up in another recent game. As answered by Corey himself, a Diplomat does indeed stop any invasion, including Mechs. Check here (last entry):

boardgamegeek.com/thread/675584/ … s-diplomat

As to the house rules I’ll make a radical suggestion out of the blue. Since I’ve come across the sound motivations from Remy Gibson (Awwberman on BGG), I’ve always wanted to try his alternative tech tree. Obviously this will radically change the game:

New techtree:
boardgamegeek.com/image/1081710/ … rd-edition

Motivations:
boardgamegeek.com/thread/687235/ … y-new-tree

What do you all think?

Thanks for the rule clarification

Regarding the alternative Tech Tree; I’m not interested in trying this variant, sorry

Before making a definite decision, please check the key paragraphs in Remy’s motivations:

I hope this sparks some interest in most of you…

Sircrowin here !
I vote NO for space mines and facilities
I like this house rule of SA, if the people want we can play with that:
*Dreadnoughts roll 2 dice during Space Battles and may bombard planets without an invasion taking place.
They count as 2 units towards the production limit when producing units (also for secondary of Production).
*War Suns may use their Sustain Damage ability twice. They count as 3 units towards all production limits.
*Any unit using the Sustain Damage ability immediately loses one combat die, to a minimum of 1.

My decision is definite even though I admire the load of work that Awbermann put into this and I hope it gets playtested, BUT: there are many things that I don’t like about the Tech Tree…first: why fix something that ain’t broken?! Second: It makes no sense to me, that you have to upgrade your PDS or DN before you boost your CA and DD…and no pre-req for Gen Synth and Neural computing that’s broken IMO

Not wearing a no-hat today, it’s just that I find the game very well balanced and it’s my first PBF since the Wiki was hacked, so I really just wanna play some good old regular RAW TI3…sorry sircrowin, I vote NO to the SA-DN as well :slight_smile:

But I will of course follow what the majority decides…or the GM :slight_smile:

Confirming MU can not ignore a diplomat’s ability.

I used to like this rule in SE. Now that Shards has been released and we have added duranium armor and flagships into the mix I think it no longer works.

All right, so the testing of the new techtree has to wait until another time. :slight_smile:

I’m against two-die DNs as well.

I lean toward no on the DN/WS rule as well, mostly because I’m not convinced how well it’s balanced with Flagships (let me see how much more I can agree with the GM).

As far as the tech tree goes, my initial look at that diagram makes me feel like I have no idea what exactly all the paths to the different techs are (especially with all the dotted lines)…if the consensus is to use it, I’ll go with it, but I’d be inclined to stick with the more familiar tree.

We will test the Tech tree tomorrow FtF ;-)

Not keen on the DN/WS abilities either due to Shards modifications. To be fair I don’t really want to see a lot of house rules introduced. I’ve only played a few Shards games and still finding out the imbalances. I like not being able to spend PCs as TG, as this rule seems very arbitrary (or at least never works as the designers intended).

I have a suggestion towards Action Cards, perhaps we could make them public rather than secret?

We are just waiting on Thaylen. I’m sending him another PM on BGG and giving him another day. If you have a friend that would like to be in this game, now’s the time to mention it to them just in case.

I’m not sure but Zilfalon might be interested.

Regarding public ACs, I vote strongly against. Takes a whole lot of fun out of the game!

Agreed

Hey ya’ll,

I am taking the vacated spot.

I vote no on modified tech tree, DN rules, and revealed action cards.

Let’s have a great game.

Jeff

Don’t count me out just yet man. For some reason the PM wasn’t in my inbox when I checked into Boadgame Geek on friday.

I am in. I am against the two hit DN. I will review the tech tree and give my thoughts on it within 24 hours

Tech tree reveiwed, I am going to vote no on revised tech tree and revealed action cards.

so we’re ready to start then ?

Welcome Thaylen - better late than never. Thanks to Jeff for being willing to step in.

We are ready to begin.

For race selection we are going to go with random draw of two - you pick one to keep and one to put back in the pool. I shuffle and deal everyone one more race. Of those two the one that you choose is the one you play. I’m doing this for a few reasons: the players in Zero-1 enjoyed it, it gives us time to finalize house rules, and it buys me some time to get the other game running so I don’t have to start two games at the same time.

It looks like we will stay pretty close to RAW (rules as written). As we are doing race selection please vote on the following…

1. winner of the game - RAW or as outlined in the first post of this thread.

2. number of artifacts - 6 or 8? If we go with 8 you will each place one and I will come up with a way to randomly place the last two (assuming there are enough planets to have 8)

First race pick sent.

My votings:

1. winning the game - RAW
  2. Artifacts - 6
  1. winning the game - RAW
  2. Artifacts - 8