Zero-1 PBF

I would also remind people that there is a hand limit of 5PC, according to the SE rules. This seems to get overlooked sometimes.

Checking in. The proposed rules look fine to me.

Your idea of trying to make a ‘fair’ galaxy seems good. Are we determining start positions randomly then? or doing some kind of bid?

I was also wondering if we were sticking to the PC card limit of 5 with this variant.

Looking forward to this :slight_smile:.

Seating will be random unless there is a push for bidding or something else.

I totally forgot about the 5 card limit, but we’ll stick with that. Should you go over 5 you’ll just discard whichever you want to get rid of.

Howdy ya’ll,

The rules as of right now are fine to me.

I think the GM created galaxy is fine and will let the game start faster.
I also think 2 random races per player is great and will let the game start faster.
Furthermore, I am fine with random seating since I don’t know anyone’s play style.
Additionally, I am fine with the currently proposed house rules for Political Cards giving TGs when dealt.

As for additional house rules, I am partial to just playing the game RAW since my FtF playgroup enjoys a healthy splash of house rules all the time.

My only question is how will we receive each updated vassal game file?

Jeff

I will attach the file to posts. We switched to these forums instead of bbg because these forums allow Vassal file uploads.

Hey AZ. K_kid checking in. Thanks for the spot much appreciated. The race draft seems cool, I think I’ll use it in my ftf today. Monkeyed around with VASSAL a bit yesterday might take me a bit to work out the details, I’ll spend some time on it this weekend.
As for galaxy creation I am easy with whatever happens, I just like there to be good reason for expansion.

Everyone has checked in. The map is ready.

I like the draft idea for races, so you’ll get 2 at random to pick from. You reply with which you will keep and which you will discard. Once everyone has replied I’ll shuffle and send your 3rd option.

Only one house rule up for vote:

I assume you unlock the objectives in the same way they would be flipped. If you have the Bureaucracy card, instead of drawing the top two you would pick which of the next two in line become unlocked?

I lied - one more thing to vote on…

RAW artifacts or place all 8? If it’s 8 I’ll have each of you place one and I’ll roll a die with some way I think up to determine where the last two go.

I vote RAW for beauro. Having all POs revealed at the beginning takes alot of the value out of picking the beauro card IMO.
I vote RAW for artifacts.

Edit: Also, with Promissary notes in, that shortens the number of game turns anyway, so (IMO) the AOE/Artifact type of game accelerators do not have the same value.

One more thing - the other game (Zero-2) has an MIA player. He’s got a little more time to show up, but there may be an empty seat. PM me if you are interested in being in that game as well.

My vote for the 2 house rules:

Artifact placement: I vote RAW.

Public Objectives: I vote RAW.

Here’s a link to my printable image for “Bureaucracy II”:

checkwolf.com/ti3/images/high%20 … _front.jpg

I don’t think of Age of Empire as a way to shorten the game; I think of it as a way to eliminate randomness from the game. I’m all about that. But I will refrain on voting on that house rule, since I suggested it.

I vote that we have all 8 Artifact tokens on the board, for much the same reason that I suggested the other house rule: Knowing that all 4 Artifacts are definitely out there eliminates some randomness.

I vote normal artifact rules and normal Bureaucracy rules.

I vote for RAW Bureaucracy. I like the mystery of what will be revealed and how you have to adapt to it.
I also vote for all 8 artifact tokens(or at least all 4 artifacts and as many blanks as we can legally place).

Are we going to use that rule that blank artifacts give you TG?

Let’s add that to the vote. I’ll put a reminder in the second round of races once I have everyone’s first pick.

I’m open in terms of rules. I’ve never done AoE, so I am curious, but I also like adapting to POs as they show. I’m open on artifact placement. I would rather NOT give any value to blank artifacts (2 TG).

I vote no TG for blanks.

I vote no TGs for blank Artifacts.

Also voting no tg for blanks.