A few acres of Snow

I am tweaking the module, with Paul Marjorams approval.

Adding the following

1. ability to draw specific cards for the locations and empire decks etc
  2. Solo player support
  3. Location tracker, view where all the town/villages are, for victory checking
  4. various shortcuts for counters/cards handling
  5. map has been changed a landscape layout, card deck are on the right hand side instead of top and bottom

any other requests ?

Tim

Here are some things I suggested on BGG (didn’t see this thread earlier): boardgamegeek.com/article/7642102#7642102

version 2.0 of the module has been uploaded.

Any bugs, feedback or improvements are appreciated.

Tim

Great module, thanks a lot !

However, Jean-Pierre Marchand and me came to something that might be a bug (or not). The French discard pile was seemingly randomly put into the French draw pile. That freaked us out a bit :slight_smile:

After some research, we realized it happened each time we typed a “D” by SHIFT+D. We realized that was because it is the keyboard shortcut (though it is also the keyboard shortcut for the British pile – the effect was only for the French one).

So maybe it is a feature instead of a but, but we found it confusing. Maybe the shortcut should be changed ?

Best,

Guillaume

Perhaps the shortcut to send the discard deck to the draw pile should be changed to CTRL SHIFT D or something completely different like CRTL Z

thoughts ?

Tim

Thus spake oiyounutter:

Perhaps the shortcut to send the discard deck to the draw pile should be
changed to CTRL SHIFT D or something completely different like CRTL Z

thoughts ?

CTRL Z is a bad key combination to choose, as it’s standarly used for
undo, and will likely be used for undo in a future version of VASSAL.

J.

Good point about CTRL Z and undo

Tim

Module has been updated to 2.1

• zoom on the players card hand windows
  • Shortcut keys for sending the Discard Decks to their respective Draw Piles has been changed from SHIFT-D.

The 2.0 saved games will load in 2.1, except the deck changes will not appear as the saved games continue to have their original properties via the saved games. So be careful of SHIFT-D or the French discard pile will disappear !

thanks for you patience, I will not stick to vassal suggested shortcut keys in future !

Tim

You might want to try Vassal 3.2 for your next update. I’ve been using it for my re-build of To Be King and being able to use keywords has made such an incredible difference as far as speed of development. I no longer have to worry about what key commands I’ve used and it’s so much easier to follow the logic of a list of commands in a trigger action like:

Get2D4Roll
GetMMLoc
SendFortTileToMap
GetMMSTiles
SetTileNameLoc
DeleteOldTile
RunTileCheck

Now I can look at it and see exactly what it’s doing rather than seeing a list of CTRL’s, ALT, SHIFT’s, etc.

Btw, you want a mention of your update in the Vassal news?

I know this is older but is there a list of commands that I can download? I wanted to print them out and have a hardcopy form. Your help is greatly appreciated.