M2F and forums.vassalengine.org (Was Unsubscribe)

OK. I had a look at that conversation Joel. M2F by default cannot deliver messages from one mailing list to multiple forum sections, that was actually something for which I had to write the code to get it working the way it does for our site.
The default behaviour of M2F is the delivery of messages from multiple mailing lists to multiple forum sections; The reason we did not use this approach is because Rodney required we only have a single mailing list.

So what we probably need is a mailing list for each forum section, or maybe two mailing lists? One for developers, and one for everyone else. This would emulate the way things used to work pre-forum ( Yahoo Group was one, the Dev list the other). But this really hinges on what Rodney is capable of doing with Mailman as far as creating additional lists goes.

Thoughts?

The limitation from my hosting provider is that I can only have a single Mailman list. (Unlimited MySQL databases, but only one mailing list. What’s up with that?) This means that if we hook up the forums to multiple mailing lists, we have to use something other than Mailman.

rk

Post generated using Mail2Forum (mail2forum.com)

Thus spake “Rodney Kinney”:

I can provide as many Mailman lists as we need at nomic.net.

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org

Joel could you possibly set up the following lists? I’m not fussed about names , as long as it’s clear which list belongs to each Forum section. Cheers.

GeneralDiscussion
TechnicalSupportAndBugs
FeatureRequests
Developers
ModuleGeneralDiscussion
ModuleDesign
ModuleSupport
OpponentsWanted

Actually, sorry to follow up my own post, but given the domain will be nomic.net, should we maybe put the word “Vassal” in front of each name?

Thus spake “bsmith”:

BTW, I haven’t forgotten about this. I just haven’t had time to do it
yet. (I’ll get to this after we release 3.1.0-beta1.)

J.

Messages mailing list
Messages@forums.vassalengine.org
forums.vassalengine.org/mailman/ … engine.org