Create account / Log in

Community issues and Documentation forum section

Topics related to the main Vassal engine.

Moderators: uckelman, Tim M

Postby JonatanRaven » March 8th, 2008, 2:54 am

Hi there, I'm quite new to VASSAL in general and this is my first post on the forums, so bear with me.

I started a group on Facebook (before I realised there was a forum) dedicated to VASSAL, perhaps that could be some kind of medium to attract users?
I'm also spreading the word to friends and their friends so they'll hopefully be starting to use VASSAL too pretty soon.

/Jonatan
JonatanRaven

Postby bsmith » March 8th, 2008, 4:13 am

JonatanRaven wrote:Hi there, I'm quite new to VASSAL in general and this is my first post on the forums, so bear with me.

I started a group on Facebook (before I realised there was a forum) dedicated to VASSAL, perhaps that could be some kind of medium to attract users?
I'm also spreading the word to friends and their friends so they'll hopefully be starting to use VASSAL too pretty soon.

/Jonatan

We've only just got the forum up and running Jonatan, I'm not sure we're ready for the future-shock of social networking just yet. :D But you're welcome to do whatever you like to publicise Vassal!
bsmith
Site Admin

Postby JonatanRaven » March 8th, 2008, 12:07 pm

Ok, sounds nice..

Here's the link to the FaceBook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9390983931
Any suggestions as how to improve the group information or anything else about the group are welcome.

Made this in photoshop the other day, feel free to use it. I snagged the favicon from this site, I hope you don't mind.
JonatanRaven

Postby meng » March 8th, 2008, 2:29 pm

Good idea, although I hardly visit Facebook anymore.
meng

Postby JonatanRaven » March 10th, 2008, 5:23 am

Hmm..

I was thinking since there's already an java-widget or something like it that shows the current players on the main page, wouldn't it be nifty if you could send messages to the online players from there as well?

That would allow you to check who's online in whatever game and you wouldn't have to load up the mod to ask if they want a game.
Quoth the Raven Nevermore!

JonatanRaven

Previous

Return to General Discussion