Cannot restrict CTRL-SHIFT-0

For some reason CTRL-SHIFT-0 (zero) is not accepted in a restrict command trait.

Vassal 3.1.18 on Windows 7 64-bit

Using “O” as a key command is problematic. I know that one of them (CTRL O or SHIFT O) won’t work. I generally skip using “O” altogether. Try changing the key command to some other letter.

Yes, I find out afterwards that CTRL-SHIFT-0 won’t be taken as command key.

However, it was not so in prior versions of Vassal (3.0 for sure) as I have many SHIFT-0, CTRL-0, CTRL-SHIFT-0 commands with related restricted accesses that still work fine.

Vassal 3.1.18 won’t just allow me to define similar commands anymore, for some reason.

Thus spake barbanera:

For some reason CTRL-SHIFT-0 (zero) is not accepted in a restrict
command trait.

Vassal 3.1.18 on Windows 7 64-bit

When you say it’s not accepted, do you mean that you can’t enter it in
the field in the editor, that it doesn’t work when you do enter it, or
something else?

J.

The first one you said: I cannot enter it in the editor. It won’t let me.

I have some traits that used SHIFT-0, CTRL-0, CTRL-SHIFT-0 , defined in Vassal 3.0 or earlier times, that still work.

However, if I change the SHIFT-0, say, to something else, then it won’t let me re-enter it. Same if I just try to define a whole new trait using those command keys.

P.S. I am using Italian QWERTY keyboard (but the 0 is in the same place as on any QWERTY keyboard).

Thus spake barbanera:

The first one you said: I cannot enter it in the editor. It won’t let
me.

That’s strange. I have no problem entering these in 3.1.18 on Linux
using a US QWERTY keyboard.

I wonder if this is a Windows 7 problem, or maybe something wrong with
the version of Java you’re using?

J.

I have tried again, with both Vassal 3.1.18 and 3.2.0 build 8080 on two computers both with Windows 7 Home Premium (one 32bit and the other 64bit). Unfortunately, both with Italian keyboard. Tried remapping to UK layout but no effect there.

I don’t know why the other day it would not take SHIFT-0 and CTRL-0 but I have to take that back: they work.

However, CTRL-SHIFT-0 is not accepted.

How do I check the version of Java I am using?

CTRL-SHIFT-0 is by default a reserved key combination for the language bar in Windows Vista and later:
support.microsoft.com/kb/967893

The directions in the link will allow you to change the key settings for changing input methods in the language bar.

Thxs Irishwulf, well spotted again.