Last Stand

Hey JP, I would like to book a spot if I can?

Yo

I’m interested!

ok, so far I have the following players

Tunadude
Lokust
Adder007USA
Franko

If you guys know of two more give me a heads up.

I’d like to confirm my entry

I have an experienced TI player I sometimes play in real life. he might be interested and is he’s good too. I would explain him all the vassal details beforehands

tell me if I should contact him JP

Go ahead and let him know franko. This game most likely won’t launch until next week anyway. Make sure he knows that we are playing with quite a few differences has noted above.

I’m interested (I just posted on BGG saying as much).

Sounds like you guys put a lot of work into it, looking forward to the game :slight_smile:

A couple of quick questions - I assume that you can’t choose racial techs as your bonus techs.
Are we playing with colonies and refineries?
And not to to add variants to your variant, but I’ve found that Prelim Objectives are often vary wildly in difficulty - thoughts on allowing people to ditch their PO at the end of the first full game round?

Thanks for putting all the work into this!

~ Johnny C

Hey this is piperman–

Hey I’m definitely interested.

confirming interest as posted in BGG

Can’t use racial techs as bonus, but I forgot to mention that I’m going to give you one to start that is of my choosing.

No colonies and refineries, if its not listed above, we most likely won’t use it.

Don’t normally have a problem with prelims. So going to keep them.

Keeping recuting open until March 2nd. Then I will do random’s for spots.

I’ve stated my interest in playing in a PM to jp. Just wanted to throw my name into the hat publicly.

We start off with a racial tech?

Yes, I wasn’t sure whether he meant that we start with an addition 3rd tech - a racial tech - of his choosing, or whether we don’t start with any racial tech and one of the two bonus techs are of his choosing.

You will start off with 2 additional techs beyond your starting tech of your choosing. In addition, I will give you 1 of your racial techs. (My choice)

I am in if you have a “seat” for me :slight_smile:

Awesome! Sounds fun :slight_smile:

So when do we start?

Ok so some thoughts first: When I first started recruiting for the game, I ran into some difficulty. I had four players then no one. Later one of those players backed out. So instead of just taking the first 6 players like I normally do, I decided to keep recruitment open until today and I would roll a d20 to determine who would get a spot. This was the result:

Donkcheson (19) 1st Winnu/Jolnar? (Speaker) Player 1
Aremedis (16) 2nd Yin/Arborec Player 2
Adder007usa (16) 3rd Muaat (Ironic)/N’orr player 3
Piperman19 ( 13) 4th Naalu/Hacan Player 4
Jonnycwtb (12) 5th Letnev/Xxcha Player 5
Tunadude (11) 6th Saar/L1z1x Player 6
Sircrowin (11) 7th
Frankopl21 (8) 8th

I did a second roll off for 2nd/3rd and 6th/7th place.
So Congrats to the people who got a spot and sorry to the once who didn’t. I appreciate all of you trying wanting to try out my game

I’m posting the random results of the races chosen because since we are bidding standard setup (mostly) I think it is one of those things that you might want to consider when bidding. I don’t expect a lot of bidding to happen anyway. I also changed my mind about completely random. I’m giving you two choices, you pick one of the two. There will be no extra options.

What I need from you now:

First I need you to confirm your spot. If I don’t hear from all six players by the end of the weekend, I will move to the next players in line. I’ll will send all six players a PM reminding them. When you post to confirm your spot also post:

The race your choosing
The two bonus techs your choosing

Lastly, I need everyone’s computer to know that all other players confirmed there player spot. To do this, after you confirm your player, save the game and post the saved file (not logfile) as an attachment to this forum.

Please use the most recent saved file attached to the forum. For example, I’m going to post a saved file here. If aremedis (The order doesn’t matter) is the first person to get on and post a saved file, the next person to get on should use his saved file, not mine.

Once this is done, I will issue you a racial tech, Prelim, Secret Objective (Which can not be done before the Prelim) then we can start bidding. If player one would go ahead and open with a particular spot on bidding we can move this along faster.

If you are not familar with bidding It works as follows:
You have X amount of Trade goods
You can bid 0-X amount on any yellow system.
If a person outbids you, you can outbid them.
If you were outbid on one place you can still bid 0 on another
If no one out bids you, you keep the spot you bid on.
The result: Take the highest amount bid - What you bid = how many TG you start the game with.
Example: if the highest bid was 5 and you bid 3 = you start the game with 2TG
2nd example: if the highest bid was 5 and you bid 0= you start the game with 5 TG
3rd example: you bid 3 on an system, someone outbids you with 4, you decide you don’t want that system, so you bid 0 on another system, the highest player bid 5 in another system= Highest bid 5-your bid 0= you start the game with 5 TG.

I’ve never seen starting bid go over 5, and I don’t imagine it will in this one.

Please use CCTAP when posting moves.

If your not familiar with it: CCTAP = Command Counters, Trade Goods, Action Cards, Political Cards. Used in PBF games to indicate a person’s race sheet status, usually in AS/FS/CP, TG/AC/PC format (where AS is Strategy Allocation, FS is Fleet Supply, CP is Command Pool, TG is Trade Goods, AC is Action Cards, PC is Political Cards)

Additional shorthand, though not required:

WS = War Sun
TG = Trade Good
AC = Action Card
PC = Political Card
PO = Public Objective (or Preliminary Objective, depending on context)
SO = Secret Objective
MU = Mechanized Units
GF = Ground Forces
FI = Fighter
CV = Carrier
DD = Destroyer
CA = Cruiser
FS = Flagship
R/I = Resources/Influence (on a planet, usually)
SC = Strategy Card
Merc = Mercenary
CC = Command Counter

Looking forward to playing.

Quick note with Objectives, You can’t claim stage 2 objectives until the 4th round and the game ends at the end of the 8th round.

Hey JP, are we using standard tech tree or the variant tech tree that is used a lot that is posted on BGG
boardgamegeek.com/image/1249475/ … e=original