Twillight Imperium Game 1: Is anybody out there?

Okay…players so far

Player 1 - Andrew - L1z1x Mindnet
Player 3 - Jeremy - Sol
Player 5 - Ryan - Sardakk N’orr

Select your player based on this so we are not all together on the same side of the map

First hiccup, I am laying down the home tiles on the map and also testing out what happens when I lay down others…but they remain flipped. Any ideas on how to flip them so that everyone can see?

I also noticed that once the map tiles go down, they stay there and cannot be moved. Is there a way to move them?

Played around a bit and figured it out. After placing the tile, but before changing focus, you can right click and say flip. Not sure why they don’t just go down face up…

No way to move them once they have been placed however

Thanks for that. I setup our initial homeworlds and dropped some flags but unless we can figure out how to move already dropped tiles we are going to need to construct the map randomly (without seeing a hand of tiles). If we do it this way then Andrew is first…extend the log file and then post it here in this forum for Jeremy and so on…

Maybe we can find a preset map to replicate?

Fantasy Flight published an optional Preset Galaxy rule here fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_c … Preset.pdf.

I built a 4 person map last night. It was pretty easy. I am not sure if we have 3, 4, or 5 players right now. I suggest that, since we don’t have a GM that one person assign players to positions in the galaxy and another builds the galaxy.

I looked into the map last night and with some trial and error able to make changes to the map easily enough

There are only three players now. Did you want to build the galaxy then? Submit your log file if you do. Otherwise, I will roll on the bgg for it.

To decide who places the players I will roll. Highest gets to place. I think the players should be equadistant apart from one another still though…no cramming two together. Seem fair?

So, I rolled Jeremy highest but if he makes the board then I will place. Otherwise, I will make the board and he will place. I will have to do that tonight though…

I will make the board. I will post the log tonight.

There is a standard layout for the 3 person game. Players will be equidistant.

Me and 2 super heavy attacking races… I guess I had better hope you guys attack each other ;)

Don’t have to worry about me, I’ll probably attack myself by mistake :slight_smile:

Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up. Strangetim and I built the module your using. Some bugs, but some day one of us will get around to fixing them. Anyway, he wrote a little helpful guide that can be found in the help section when you open the module. That should help with any questions you have about the module. If not feel free to PM me.

If you want to move tiles you have already placed press shift and click with your mouse. That will actually solve a lot of problems. Took us a while to figure that one out.

Hey, my name is Brian, I am Andrews’ (Harujongil) friend from NC, if you guys haven’t started yet, mind if I jump in?

I have no particulars as to race and this will be my first time playing as well.

thanks!

I don’t really care if we add a 4th player or not. 4 is probably a little better than 3.

I will leave it up to Ryan. Just let me know soon, so I can generate the map.

So, the module includes planets from both SE and SOT. Also, the preset galaxy rules assume at least SE planets (as they include trade stations and Hope’s End).

Should I remove all of the planets from the expansions of leave them in? As long as we ignore any of the rules from the expansions (like Hope’s End’s shock troops) I don’t see a problem leaving them in.

I don’t see a problem either

Brian welcome. Absolutely you can play. Pick a race. Also, I don’t see a problem with the expansion planets either.

Cheers!

Thanks for this! I will take you up on your offer and nice work with the modules. Quality work.