Twillight Imperium Game 1: Is anybody out there?

Don’t have to worry about me, I’ll probably attack myself by mistake :slight_smile:

Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up. Strangetim and I built the module your using. Some bugs, but some day one of us will get around to fixing them. Anyway, he wrote a little helpful guide that can be found in the help section when you open the module. That should help with any questions you have about the module. If not feel free to PM me.

If you want to move tiles you have already placed press shift and click with your mouse. That will actually solve a lot of problems. Took us a while to figure that one out.

Hey, my name is Brian, I am Andrews’ (Harujongil) friend from NC, if you guys haven’t started yet, mind if I jump in?

I have no particulars as to race and this will be my first time playing as well.

thanks!

I don’t really care if we add a 4th player or not. 4 is probably a little better than 3.

I will leave it up to Ryan. Just let me know soon, so I can generate the map.

So, the module includes planets from both SE and SOT. Also, the preset galaxy rules assume at least SE planets (as they include trade stations and Hope’s End).

Should I remove all of the planets from the expansions of leave them in? As long as we ignore any of the rules from the expansions (like Hope’s End’s shock troops) I don’t see a problem leaving them in.

I don’t see a problem either

Brian welcome. Absolutely you can play. Pick a race. Also, I don’t see a problem with the expansion planets either.

Cheers!

Thanks for this! I will take you up on your offer and nice work with the modules. Quality work.

Thanks! Ill take The Hacan, if its not already taken. Also, I am extreamly new to the entire Vassal engine (I downloaded it less than six hours ago) so be patient with me!

Yeah, we are learning it together

Here is the map. There is a trade station included. I suggest treating it as a normal planet since trade stations were an SE rule.

I shifted a couple of worlds at the end to balance the galaxy (one system got pretty badly shafted). If anyone has a problem with that, they can be shifted back.

Please place the home worlds Ryan and do whatever other setup is needed.

Note: I added comments to the log file to explain what I was doing.

Okay, I will begin placing our home systems and doing any other setup, as necessary. Players, in order, are as follows:

Player 1 - Andrew - L1z1x Mindnet
Player 2 - Jeremy - Sol
Player 3 - Ryan - Sardakk N’orr
Player 4 - Brian - Hacan

Okay, here is the home system placement and some setup. You may want to move your units around from where I placed them and change their colour. You also need to place your leader tokens on your home systems as well. But you can do all that on your turn…for now, we need to determine how to distribute AC and secret objective cards.

thought?

I did a little for my side of the setup: i moved my leaders and changed the ships in my playing area to my color and selected a private objective. not sure what else to do before the game starts tho. sorry

added a CC to my card as per my racial ability

I don’t remember, was the Objective Deck prepared? (Set Up Step 7)
Was action and political deck shuffled?

If the Objectives were properly prepared, anyone should be able to deal secret objectives to each player, starting with L1Z1X.

After the Objectives have been dealt, and that log file distributed, I believe we can go ahead and start selecting Strategy Cards, again starting with L1Z1X. No need to update logs until the Action Phase starts, I think.

OK, I went back through Ryan’s log and saw that the decks were not prepared, so I will do that. I am backing out L1Z1X’s log files (I’ll include your extra command counter, but you’ll need to change your colors again)

That’s not a problem!

Finished with setup. You will each need to move your SO to your private area. Here is where the honor system comes into play ;)

We should be good to start Strategy Phase 1.

L1Z1X Up

Realized that we had not passed out the home planet cards, so I did that. Also, the map was showing the wrong strategy cards, so I switched to the core strategy cards.