Zero-1 PBF

I would like to amend my above action. Take 4 Fighters and 2 Ground Forces instead of 5 and 1. Both GF from Maaluuk.

I would think I get the Bonus Counter converted immediately, as mentioned above. And as you say, the bonus counter rules do predate swapping, which means old rules should stay in effect until otherwise stated. Anyways, this is how I decided on my choice. If the GM rules otherwise, I might have chosen differently.

The argument that the bonus counters are converted immediately does not fit with the FAQ ruling about strategic flexiblity. If that were the case, the counters would have converted when the card was originally chosen, and the FAQ for that specific AC implies otherwise. I would think the same logic would apply to SC swapping. IMO, the intent of bonus counters is to act as an incentive to pick less usable cards. Daffren and the Hacan SC swapping techs need no such incentive.

Just another one of the rule vagaries that create a whole new minigame of ‘rules argueing’.

That made me smile.

I’m going to rule that the bonus counter is removed before the merc swap. Reasoning being the explicit use of immediately in the base game rule book. I consider the FAQ concerning a specific AC to be the exception to the rule.

I actually have a problem with the FAQ concerning this topic. What if someone takes Bureaucracy with bonus counters on it, reveals an objective or two, and then plays that AC to put it back? Do you then take away those objectives you just flipped? Or is this a way to get very deep into the deck very quickly? (granted the odds are not high of this happening, but I’ve been wondering about it.)

Fire PDS and if my DD survives, AFB. Pause after please.

Rigel Space Battle

Naalu PDS 2@6 : 2,8 - 1hit
Mentak PDS 6@6 : 7,5,7,3,9,5 - 3hits

@Mentak - was that pause only if the dd lived?
@Naalu - need landing instructions

I’ll wait on Mentak’s requested pause.

Nothing further. Please continue.

Land GF on Rigel I.

gonna go ahead and take my turn.

activate leadership
exhaust tiamat, sakulag, and faunus

New CCTAP 2/6/4 1/4/3

Rigel I Invasion

Mentak PDS 1@6 : 3

Round 1

Naalu
4gf 4@8 : 3,9,8,2 - 2hits

Mentak
1gf 1@8 : 7

Naalu Leadership secondary:

Place 1CC (Strategy) 1CC (Command).
Exhaust Dal Bootha (2) Maaluuk (2).

3.5.3 0tg 6ac 3pc

NAALU

Nekro 1/6/2 2/5/3 Activate Leadership secondary. Buy 3 CC, pay with Jol,Nar, and Bellatrix.1 in SA 2 in CP
2/6/4 2/5/3

Arborec use leadership secondary. Exhaust tempestra and mehar xull to purchase 2 cc. 1 in strat, 1 in command

CC 3/6/7

Mentak Leadership 2ndary: Exhaust MRex (6) for 3 CC: 2/5/1 → 2/6/3

Mentak action: Pop Diplo on MRex. (DMZ)

Diplo 2ndaries open.

Nekro next.

Naalu Diplomacy secondary:

Annex El’nath.
Exhaust Mallice (3).

2.5.3 0tg 6ac 3pc

NAALU

Also: Arborec will need to indicate where his CC for the DMZ is coming from, since he has none in reinforcements.

Nekro 2/6/4 2/5/3 Decline secondary of Diplomacy.
Tactical Action. Activate Tiamat/Heraclor. Move from Jol-Nar 1 DN with General, 2 CA. From HE 1 DD and 1 CV with 2 ST,2GF,1MU,1PDS. No PDS fire.
2/6/3 2/5/3
Space Battle
AFB 2@8
Nekro
1 DN 2@5
2 CA 2@6
1 DD 1@8
1 CV 1@9
Norr
1 CV@8
1 FT?@8

Dont think I gain a tech if I bombard so I wont. If I do then I will bombard Tiamat.
Invade Tiamat with MU and General, Heraclor with 2 ST and 2 GF. Edit: PDS on Heraclor.
Gain Gravity Drive, Automated Defense Turrets and Sarween Tools.

Arborec is next.

Arborec take CC from fleet supply for DMZ

CC 3/5/7

Arborec use diplomacy secondary, exhaust centauri and spend 1 cc to take control of Bellatrix

CC 2/4/7

Arborec Activate Hopes end. Move 1 CV, w 2 FT and 2 GF and 1 MU from Tempestra. Losses to FT from PDS, land all on HE.

CC 2/5/6 TAP 2/6/4

And I’m back. Waiting on N’orr’s combat instructions.