Twillight Imperium Game 1: Is anybody out there?

You should post your beginning and ending CC-TAP with the detailed action in the middle. I believe that the above is only your ending CC-TAP, correct?

correct, I will amend post above

Seems like I can’t. So here it is again…

BEGIN TURN N’ORR

CC-TAP: 2/3/3-0/0/0

Place Admiral and General Sh’VAL on QUINARRA

Activate QUCEN’N/RARRON System

Move Carrier and cruiser with 5 troops and General Sekkus

CC-TAP: 2/3/2-0/0/0

END TURN N’ORR

My wife is fine, she is home now and her meds are keeping her mostly asleep.

I took my turn, here is the current logfile

Begin turn Hacan:

CC-TAP: 2/3/3-0/0/0

Moved carrier and three troops to claim the Rigel system.

I’ll be available all day if we happen to get to my next turn.

OK, now everyone needs to decide if that are following the Tech card or not. I believe that should start with the person to the “left” of me, which is N’Orr.

I am not exactly sure how they handle this in other games, but I have seen a 24 hour limit imposed.

Once you three have responded, it will be N’Orr’s turn again.

In one game I am monitoring, they are going ahead with actions and simply stating in their actions whether or not they are following.

So, N’Orr’s turn, whenever Ryan is ready.

I could be okay with that. I will not be using tech. I will also post my turn tonight. I thought I was going to get some free time but my children have decided I don’t…;)

NP. That is expected when playing by forum. Most games install a 24 hour limit to post your turn, unless you notify of an extended absence beforehand. Not sure what they do if you miss your turn…

Begin N’Orr Turn

Build 1 carrier, 2 ground forces in home system

CC-TAP: 2/3/1-0/0/0

End N’Orr Turn

I am assuming that there is a planet in your home system (since newly acquired planets are acquired exhausted) that provides the 4 resources needed to build those units and that you exhausted the planet(s).

I can’t see the log files till I get home from work.

If that is true, Hacan is up.

Ryan, I just noticed the names of your log files.

I just want to make sure that you know in a 4 player game, turn order is based on the highest card value that each player has. So, you are 1, Hacan is 2, 1X is 4 (so 3rd), and I am 6 (and last).

All log files look good. Waiting on Hacan.

Thanks, I guess I should look at that section of the rules a little closer. I will do that tonight.

cheers

We’re all newbies here :slight_smile: I like that about this game, we are all learning both the game and the interface…

Hacan is up.

Begin HACAN Turn 2 (Trade)

CC-TAP 2/3/2 - 0/0/0

Activated TRADE strategy Card

Received 3 TG

Trade Negotiations Open

CC-TAP 2/3/2 - 3/0/0

End Turn

L1Z1X, SOL: I see we are close together, would you like to make a trade agreement for the betterment of our respective peoples? In return I would ask for military protection and free passage through your systems.

I would definitely accept that trade, although I can not guarantee free passage. As the Hacan, surely you can see that the best financial benefit to you comes from acquiring one of my 2s, and N’Orr’s 2.

As for your trade with 1X, I can see how you would want some type of assurances against their military aggression. However, please think before you give them easy access to more resources. Once they build up a fleet, they will have no need to respect the agreement.

As for my other trade token, I offer it to N’Orr as a 2 for 2 trade, unless you can convince Hacan to accept your 2, in which case I will offer a 2 for a 1.

Sol, I would agree with you, in the short term an agreement with you and N’Orr would be more financially rewarding. However my ability to produce military materiel is limited, and I find my people on the doorstep of one of the most feared military forces in the known galaxy. Better to have powerful friends than powerful (and conquest hungry) enemies in areas where I am weakest. My offer to you still stands, although I would require some sort of nonaggression assurances from you. The story of your peoples bloody orbital bombardment of the Former Empire’s homeworkd, Rex, are still taught as a cautionary tale to our children.

I mean no disrespect to anyone. N’Orr, My people would gladly open negotiations with your honored ambassadors in the future.

As to the honored L1Z1X, I believe a trade agreement for military protection would serve both our interests at this time, and I hope you would respect the show of good faith I am offering in your future expansion plans.

Naturally, the establishment of a trade agreement will imply a treaty of non-aggression. Free and open trade between neighbors, and the resultant exchange of culture and knowledge, is the only truly binding offer of friendship. A fact that our previous oppressive overlords did not appreciate.

Please remember that it was a combined effort of our two peoples, along with the worthy N’Orr, that began the revolution and freed the galaxy from the Lazak. We will be proud to continue our past relationship with the Hacan, and hope that we can all work together toward to make the galaxy into a place where all peoples can prosper.

The trade goods you offer me are mine by rights, Hacan. I am the true heir of the galaxy and you are allowed to reside in it by my grace alone. I shall allow you to send me goods and I will supply you with a royal favor, as well as the protection afforded by serving under the one true race.

As for these ungrateful worms attempted to undermine my rule, again, the window of opportunity for mercy is quickly closing. N’orr, this is your chance for you to get in my good graces as well. All I require is a token, a 1-1 exchange would be suitable, but if you wish to show your allegiance like the Hacan, I would accept a 2-1 exchange of goods.

The Mindset has spoken