Reducing units strength non sequential

Hello, is there a way to show a units current strength , like a text label, and allow a right click to reduce strength (or add)?

The catch is I want to program in the increments which will not be linear. For example a units strength in single numbers could be:

8-6-5-4-2-1-.5
Starts at 8, 1 hit would reduce to 6, two hits to 5.

Thanks,
Bill

Do you want the program to reduce strength for you or the players themselves by hand?

If the former, I would:
a) associate to the piece originating the hit a global key command with command key CTRL-A and matching property BasicName=$TargetName$
b) associate to the target piece a Dynamic Property HitsTaken with 0 as default and CTRL-A associated to “increment by” 1 (or CTRL-B to increment by -1)
c) associate to the target piece a bunch of triggers with matching property like “HitsTaken=1”, “HitsTaken=2” etc, all firing on CTRL-A or CTRL-B and triggering CTRL-1, CTRL-2 etc, respectively
d) associate to the target piece a layer trait “always active”, follow property value “HitsTaken”, and use layers to show hits left with level 0 being a label “8”, level 1 a label “6” etc (I suggest using Game Piece Images to do this quickly)

If the latter, then just skip step (a) and replace (b) to prompt players to select HitsTaken from a list, for example.

You can use the Layer trait:

• Give the layer a name; I call mine ‘UnitStrength’.
  • Make the layer Always Active and do not Loop Through Levels.
  • Create a level for each possible strength value; so 7 levels in your example.
  • For each level, enter the strength value in the ‘level name’ field.
  • Use the increase and decrease command keys to change the strength of your unit.
  • Access the current strength value with $_Name$ - in my case, $UnitStrength_Name$

-Seth

Thanks Guy, I will give it a try.