Vassal action log

Hi,

Is there a way to see log of all actions done during a game in textual form?

For instance, while playing in Warmachine and Hordes module I can save log file of a game, but I don’t see which user did which action.
Is there a way to unpack saved log file to see that info?

Can that function be implemented in a module if it doesn’t exist in engine?

Thanks.

A two part answer:

1. I believe you are talking about something that needs to be added to a given module. Usually, this uses Report traits on the pieces. For example, I move a piece from location A to B. The piece itself needs the reporting trait added (or, the map it’s being moved on needs messaging added) so that the movement from A to B is correctly reported in the chat window.

Some modules have really thorough reporting like this, but many don’t. It depends on whether the designer put it in. It is possible to add it later, however.

1. Even if reporting functions like this are added, they’re not ‘logged’ anyplace. They’re reported to the chat window, but it’s not possible right now to capture this in Vassal. Unfortunately, there’s no ‘chat log’ that you can review later. (Note that you can copy/paste the chat text into a text editor and save the results, but this assumes there’s game actions are being reported to the chat.)