The Longest Day, Opponent Wanted

Just acquired this monster game and I am now looking for a patient mentor to help me learn both the basics and the nuances of this monster. I am willing to PBEM or to play live, time zones permitting. Drop me a line and I will respond.

Martin

Are you still interested in finding an opponent?
I am not new to the game but I am new to Vassal.
I have played a couple of the scenarios and the campaign game 3 times.

Steve

Hi Steve

Yes, still interested. I sent you a mail last weekend, let me know if it has got lost in transit somewhere.

Martin

Hi,

I want to play too, are you playing now?

Hi,

I don’t have any games on the go at the moment and my time is a bit pushed right now but I would be willing to try out a PBEM game.

How do you feel about that?

Martin

Is anyone in this thread still playing? I would love to join. I’ve never played the game, but have always wanted to.

-Steve (not Osborne)

I have played The Longest Day many times but many years ago. I tried playing using the Vassal mod but found some issues. I have the original game and noticed that the German entry schedule is not the same as the original game. I would love to play. I am fairly new to Vassal but pick things up quickly.
Steve Sawyers

Thus spake Djapanna:

I have played The Longest Day many times but many years ago. I tried
playing using the Vassal mod but found some issues. I have the original
game and noticed that the German entry schedule is not the same as the
original game.

The module incorporates errata published in The General. If you
see something which differs from the original with the errata applied,
please tell me.

J.

Thanks J for clearing that up for me. I have read some of the articles but obviously missed that one.

New game started. June 6th completed, we will resume game on or about Nov 14th. game night is Saturday evenings 8 pm to whenever. contact me at skotkolr@yahoo.com if anyone is interested in working with us to play weekly.
Scott

The Longest Day v 0.1.2 in use on Wed nights at 6:30 pm EST, still looking for another German player.

Re start beginning on 3/28/18, using 0.1.2.1 6 pm EST on vassal server anyone who wishes to observe or play is invited to participate.