Last Stand

Pass. Jol Nar Up

jol nar

1/4/3 9/2/2
i activate vega system transporting scientist to vega major via the carrier and building 1 Space Dock on vega major costing 2tgs

1/4/2 7/2/2
[size=200]
arborec up[/size]

arborec

2/4/0 - 0/2/0

activate Production
build 2 GF, 2 Fighters in HS

2/4/0 - 0/2/0

production secondary open

Hacan Next

N’orr production secondary

1/3/2_7/0/1 (forgot to update from trade)

Build 1 war sun and 2 fighters, spend all 7 TG, exhaust quinnara (mirage should be exhausted btw, I don’t have nano-tech) and last political card, sarween from each of the space docks pays for the rest.

0/3/2_0/0/0

Xxcha passes.

Actually, now that I’ve dug into the rules a bit (and discussed it at length on bgg) I see that the Patrols Card is legal. Specifically, I’d choose the tequ’ran and torkan system, move zero cruisers into the adjacent beta wormhole system, and then activate that system with a CC from my reinforcements. The errata is clear that you can choose “zero” as a number when the text reads “up to two.”

(Page 8 top right column of the FAQ

Q: When an effect states “up to” as in “up to three systems,” or “up to two GFs,” etc., may that number be zero?
A: Yes.)

– If the GM won’t let me go back I understand, but that’s how I should have phrased my use of the Patrols Card, and in that case I’d take an action this turn (similar to the action I took prior) instead of passing.

I accept the move (if that matters).

I’ve reconsidered and will allow 2X to do the move. Production secondaries still open and Hacan up!

Sorry for the delay these last few days. Between moving, my internet not working, and trying to finish the research for my thesis I’m been super busy.

I appreciate it!

(What’s the focus of your thesis? My undergrad was on Sayyid Qutb, and my graduate thesis examined polling methods of the American Presidential Election of 1948)

I’ll back up and be explicit about my actions.

4/3/1-6/2/0

The Xxcha play the “Patrols” AC.
I move zero cruisers out of tequ’ran and torkan system, and into the adjacent beta wormhole system. I then activate that system with a CC from my reinforcements.

4/3/1-6/1/0

4/3/1-6/1/0
I make use of the Production Secondary (this happens between my two actions).

I spend Vefut II and 4TG for 6r.
I build a Dreadnought with one SD (reduced to 4r) and a carrier with the other SD (reduced to 2) for 6r.
3/3/1-6/1/0

Then my latest action.
3/3/1-6/1/0

I preform a transfer action between my HS and the Vefut II system.
The carrier, with 3 fighters and 2 PDS units, and the dreadnought move from the HS to Vefut II.
(Vefut II system now contains 4GF, 2 PDS, 1 cruiser, 1 carrier, 3 fighters, and 1 dreadnought.)
I then build a PDS unit at each SD in my HS, using my last two TG to do so (each PDS costs 2-1 from Sarween Tools).
Each world in my HS should have 1 SD and 1 PDS.

3/3/0-6/1/0

The Xxcha then pre-order a pass.

L1Z1X UP!

My bad, the L1Z1X has pre-ordered as pass.

[size=200]HACAN UP![/size]

Hacan

1/5/2/11/1/1

uses secondary of production

builds 1 warsun and expires hercant to build two fighters

activates home system and uses warsun to transport two pdfs from arretz to kamdorn

Sorry, I saw that JP said “Hacan up” earlier, but I’m not sure that’s the case. I believe the order is:

Xxcha - leadership
L1Z1X - Diplomacy
Jol-Nar - Assembly
Arborec - Production
Hacan - Trade
Norr - Tech

The Xxcha went. (1)
Then L1Z1X (2) passed.
Then I believe Jol-Nar and Arborec should have been up.

Jol-Nar up? (Unless someone can set me straight on the issue).

It is hacan, you were just directing an earlier action. Jol nar went, arborec used production, now it’s hacan

And they just went - so now Norr is up?

norr is up

N’orr

0/3/2_0/0/0

Activate Vega system

Move War sun with 2 Fighters, 4GF (all from home system) and the cruiser w/ admiral from lesab

Taking hits on fighters then on war sun sustain

Invasion orders pending result of space battle

0/3/1_0/0/0

The Xxcha pass, and I believe the L1Z1X have passed. Jol-Nar up, pending the battle.

can we maybe get a map update?

I am going to be using production secondary at my HS but would like to have a more clear picture as to what the board looks like before I build.

Again sorry I’ve been flakey. . I should have an update by Sunday. Moving sucks.

space battle jolnar/n’orr

prefight

defender
1@7-2 misses

fight

attacker
3@2-6,3,3= 3 hits
2@8 5,3= no hits
2@5 4,8= 1 hit

defender
1@10-10 1 hit

invasion pending

jolnar up

Sorry for the long map update. I am visiting my family for the week before I move into my new place. I will check everyday until I travel again. Let me know if something is wrong on the map.