Twillight Imperium Game 1: Is anybody out there?

Oh. I just looked at the racial sheet in the module and it said “during Space Battles and Ground Invasions”. I had thought that it was all combat rolls, but then I saw that…

Ah, indeed that is how it is written on Norr race sheet. FAQ corrected that.

War sun takes the hit.

By my reckoning, I have 1 cruiser, 1 dn(dmged), 1 warsun(dmged) left

confirmed?

That is my reckoning as well.

N’Orr/L1z1x Retreat/Withdraw? Actually, technically since this is core rules, there is no Tactical Retreat, so I guess no one can retreat from this battle without a Skilled Retreat card…
Additional AC play?
Otherwise, keep rolling.

Ryan, that is correct. I have 2 damaged DN left.

Yes, I guess no retreats.

2nd round:
Both DN hits. Norr suffers two casualties.

Norr to roll and probably finish my fleet.
Norr to take casualties.

NOrr loses DN and cruiser

4 hits on L1

My fleet is destroyed. Go on with invasion.

I see no reason that L1z1x can’t go ahead with their action

Unless, of course that action is to finish off the warsun… I am assuming that you are going to target me with Diplomacy.

Yes, good guess. But I still would like to see invasion resolved, there is more than one option for Norr. But ok, I won’t slow down game.

L1z1x will target Sol with Diplomacy.
Diplomacy secondary open.

Norr to resolve invasion (or not?)
Hacan up

Decline Diplomacy secondary

CC-TAP: 2/5/3 - 3/7/0

Transfer Action
Activate Mehar Xull and Rigel
Move DN from Rigel to Mehar Xull
Move CV w/2FF and CA from Mehar Xull to Rigel
Pick up 2 GF from Rigel 1, place 1 each on Rigel 2 and 3
Build 1 CA, 2 GF on Rigel 1
Exhaust Arretze, ST

CC-TAP: 2/5/2 - 3/7/0

[size=150]Sol Turn[/size]

Edit: I did not resolve any of the battle actions in the log, Ryan can do that when he resolves invasion

Bombarded for 3,

PDS fire on invaders?

There is 0 chance of wuluk not firing on the invaders, so you may as well make the rolls. I will take my turn in an hour or so regardless, but would prefer that the battle be complete.

Edit: Wuluk, because of Diplomacy, I can not activate the Zohbat system, so I don’t even have a chance to make the choice of whether or not to finish off that damaged warsun. If you want it to be taken down, you will have to do so yourself.

The Federation made a strategic error in the first round by not taking Initiative. Now we need to make up for that by finding a way to keep others from gaining VP. Sardaak N’Orr made a large error by leaving an open path to their undefended home world and only space dock. This move may seem especially harsh, but the path to galactic supremacy is not one to be walked lightly.

CC-TAP: 3/6/3 - 4/7/0

Action: Tactical
Activate N’Orr HS
Play Flank Speed AC (I am assuming that if N’Orr had the ability to Sabotage they would have saved their Leaders)
Move DN, CV, 2FF, 2GF from Tequ’Ran 2 CA from Bereg
Invade Both Planets
SD is destroyed

CC-TAP: 3/6/2 - 4/6/0

Note: I forgot to actually activate the system in my first log file. Did so in the update.

Pending: Resolve invasion of Zohbat
Pending: Remove destroyed ships / troops from Zohbat battle

[size=200]L1z1x Up[/size]

I will need some time to catch with all this, but I will use my Diplomat on Zohbat to stop the landing of Norr troops on the planet and return them to their War Sun (assuming both Norr GF attempted landing on Zohbat?).

Diplomat can stop troops landing, but not WS bombardement so my GF’s are dead anyway.

And I belive, than rather than L1z1x, [size=200]Norr is up[/size].

Sorry, forgot there was a Diplomat on the planet. Also, you are correct that N’Orr is up next.

Next time I have to pay more attention to my opponent’s tech cards…I am moving June 29th and so the next three weeks are going to be incredibly hectic. Sol’s attack has essentially put me out of the game and this may be a benefit because I need to focus on moving anyways. You could use my current force as neutral, never moving and I will pass the next round. NExt round I will take Imperium and then a random card after that. I will activate the special abilities in initiative order and then pass after that. Sorry, but the alternative is to wait 3 weeks and to be honest my heart isn’t in this game anymore.

N’Orr Begin Turn

CC-TAP:0/4/2-3/5/0

Action: Warfare Strat Card
remove counter in Mellon system

CC-TAP:0/4/3-3/5/0

I can understand that. Good luck with the move.

Honestly, my heart isn’t in this game anymore either, although I would like to see if I can still turn the tables on L1z1x.

There is certainly no way that we would find a replacement for you at this time.

What do you want to do wuluk? Carve up as much of N’Orr’s planets as possible (obviously I can move on them faster, but I can’t do anything with the resources) or just call it a draw?

Hacan, unfortunately with no way to get to N’Orrs planets is essentially SOL.

I think this game has little point anymore with player leaving so late in the game. I don’t like the idea of neutral Norr forces, I agree that we could as well end this at this point. Little shame, but I don’t see what else can we do.

As to who was going to win, I think we can continue this discussion in future games ;)

My last hope was “Public Disgrace” in two rounds Or whatever the one is that forces you to pick a different SC and keeping you from achieving your SO somehow. I was hoping the whole time that you needed Mecatol.

It was Threatening SO. Not very easy here, with my slow ships, long distances between HS and that the mark was on me all the time. And Norr blocked all wormholes, with Diplomacy still in play.

If I could convince Norr to go after you after you taken his HS, perhaps I would have chance. I had also in the Silence of Space AC, but it would probably get sabotaged anyway.

There was still hope that I would get enough VP with just fullfilling POs, I think I would be able to defend my HS for long enough.