Create account / Log in

Noob interested in Chad Jensen games and maybe AGOT/Eclipse

Post here if you're looking for opponents for both live and PBEM Vassal games.

Moderators: uckelman, Tim M

Noob interested in Chad Jensen games and maybe AGOT/Eclipse

Postby Kairu-san » June 25th, 2012, 11:33 pm

I have Dominant Species and Urban Sprawl coming to me in the mail. I was wondering if anyone was interested in running some full or almost full games on either of these two games (maybe even both at different times). I have a lot of friends who like board games, but I doubt I'll be able to get games of 6 and 4 respectively for these games and it'd be interesting to see how they run at full players. I'm a noob in the sense that I haven't actually played these games yet--although I'm very comfortable with the rules--so I'm mostly just oblivious to the subtleties of strategy you get after multiple games. I'm in the Pacific Standard Time Zone (GMT+8) and my schedule will be open until I find a solid job. Let me know what game you're interested in and what time you'd prefer and hopefully we can get a group together. :)

I'm also interested in possibly trying out A Game of Thrones 2nd Ed. (preferably a large game, because it would be better with more people) to see if I should try purchasing that in the future for my friends that are A Song of Ice and Fire fans. Let me know if anyone that's experienced in that and willing to endure (and maybe help out) a noob that's new to the game is interested. I have the digital rule book, so I won't be completely oblivious to the rules, but I hear you need to play a few times to really get it.

The same as above goes for Eclipse. I have various friends who love those space exploration games like I do, but it's quite a big purchase to consider. It has a really cool concept of how the resources are used, but I'd have to see it played and experience it to really know if it's worth it. I looked at Space Empires 4X and it seemed a bit over-the-top for the people I game with. The fog of war it has is pretty damn awesome, though, and it seems to have a ton of replayability. (I never played Space Empires on PC, either, so I'm a bit lost on that as well.)
Kairu-san

Re: Noob interested in Chad Jensen games and maybe AGOT/Ecli

Postby EyeOfTheBeholder » June 28th, 2012, 12:45 pm

Hi there,
I'm noob too and I want to play Dominant Species and Urban Sprawl (PBEM only).
I'm in Italy (GMT+2) and I ensure 1-2 round a-day at least, during the morning/evening.

If you are interested in a game (with more than 2 players), send me a PM
EyeOfTheBeholder

Postby Kairu-san » June 29th, 2012, 11:42 pm

EyeOfTheBeholder wrote:Hi there,
I'm noob too and I want to play Dominant Species and Urban Sprawl (PBEM only).
I'm in Italy (GMT+2) and I ensure 1-2 round a-day at least, during the morning/evening.

If you are interested in a game (with more than 2 players), send me a PM

I haven't really been that interested in the PBEM format. I'd rather just sit down for 3 hours and play the whole thing, but I'll consider it.
Kairu-san

Postby Kairu-san » June 29th, 2012, 11:52 pm

Update: I tried A Game of Thrones and didn't like it for something to purchase. I'd have to get 5 people interested in playing a game that can possibly go on for 6+ hours that ends in us being angry at each other (Except me because I don't take games personally)--so cancel my idea of trying it online. I am still interested in trying Eclipse.

I got a chance to play 6 player Dominant Species with my physical game and it was excellent even though I got seriously screwed over--one of my friend's moves nullified what THREE of my action pawns were going to do (Glaciation). Hopefully I can find 2 or 3 people to play Urban Sprawl soon. Still interested in playing it online, and I think adding in Skype or some other VOIP would be nice as well.
Kairu-san

Postby Greygor » July 14th, 2012, 10:09 am

I'd be interested in Urban Sprawl or Dominant Species.

GMT+1
Greygor

Postby matttutor » July 15th, 2012, 4:41 pm

I'm up for Dominant Species (preferred) or Urban Sprawl too. PBEM though.

If AGOT is happening,I'm interested too...
matttutor

Postby EyeOfTheBeholder » July 16th, 2012, 12:26 pm

@Greygor, @mattutor

If you wanna play PBEM send me a PM! Both of them are ok for me (prefer Urban Sprawl).
EyeOfTheBeholder

Return to Opponents Wanted