Some Irregular Grid region points not Ctrl-arrow adjustable

Model: Homebuilt
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video: Radeon HD 4800 series, 1GB
VASSAL: 3.1.14
Java: 1.6.0_22
Module: High Frontier work in progress

I’m creating an irregular grid within a multi-zone map. Sometimes, the position of a new region I create cannot be adjusted with the normal Ctrl-arrow method and I have no choice but to drag it precisely or manually edit its X/Y coordinates. What could be causing this?

Randy…

Is this a problem that you can show us how to reproduce? It would help us if you could give us a list of steps to trigger the problem.

I wish I could tell you. I was creating a bunch of region points, and some of them can’t be adjusted. I could send you the file and let you see them, but I don’t understand what sequence of events led to the problem. Sorry.

Randy…

I am getting the same problem in one of my modules, both 3.1 and 3.2. Am looking into it.
Brent.

All fixed. It’s a bug that has been around since the introduction of Zones. The bit of code that checks that you are not moving a Point out of its Zone did not take into account the shape or offset of the Zone. So unless the Zone was rectangular and started at 0,0 the test could fail.

Thus spake Brent Easton:

All fixed. It’s a bug that has been around since the introduction of
Zones. The bit of code that checks that you are not moving a Point out
of its Zone did not take into account the shape or offset of the Zone.
So unless the Zone was rectangular and started at 0,0 the test could
fail.

Fixe merged to trunk@8359. Try 3.2.0-svn8359 or any later build:

vassalengine.org/~uckelman/builds/

J.

Build 3.2.0-svn8367 works.