Private Server

I’m trying to understand how the private server works.

If I go into preferences and select the Server tab, then the “Private Connection - Server Mode” I get a dialog box with no options or entries. Clicking on OK makes the “Private Connection - Server Mode” the “Current” server. That’s good, I guess. I presume that my computer has become a private VASSAL game server at that point.

So, what do my opponents do at that point?
If they click on “Private Connection - Client Mode” they get a dialog box that shows them their listen port and internet address. How do they connect to my “server” computer as clients? I don’t see any where to enter the server (i.e., my) internet address.

Thanks for any help,

-Mark R.

Man, if anyone could chime in with how to make this work in 3.2.2 I would be super appreciative. I’ve fiddled with it for a few hours over the weekend and I just cannot make it work.

If I set my Server Preference to Private Connection - Server mode, then click the connection button, it just connects me to the Vassal server. Same thing if I set my Server Preference to Private Connection - Client Mode: connects straight to the normal Vassal server.

Thanks for your time!

I’m surprised nobody has been able to chime in on this…
which leads me to my next thought → Perhaps nobody uses the feature because it doesn’t work. Anyone know if that’s the case?

Thus spake mroyer:

I’m surprised nobody has been able to chime in on this…
which leads me to my next thought → Perhaps nobody uses the feature
because it doesn’t work. Anyone know if that’s the case?

I’m buried at the moment, no time to look into it.

J.

Understood.
I don’t know that there’s a problem; might just turn out to be dim-witted user who can’t figure out how to use the feature.

-Mark R.

Thus spake gamei:

Man, if anyone could chime in with how to make this work in 3.2.2 I
would be super appreciative. I’ve fiddled with it for a few hours over
the weekend and I just cannot make it work.

If I set my Server Preference to Private Connection - Server mode, then
click the connection button, it just connects me to the Vassal server.
Same thing if I set my Server Preference to Private Connection - Client
Mode: connects straight to the normal Vassal server.

Try 3.2.4. It contains a fix for Private Connections.

J.