Create account / Log in

Wingen sur Moder Module Development

Topics related to Vassal game modules.

Moderators: uckelman, Tim M

Wingen sur Moder Module Development

Postby sweeteye » September 14th, 2013, 8:36 pm

Hello... my pen name is Sweeteye, real name is Andrew,and I am from Salem Ohio,USA...I just recently ordered a first edition copy of the Avalon Hill wargame Waterloo....I was browsing the web to see what info on the game I could find and discovered the Vassal Waterloo module....I am an avid wargame player and designer,having been at it for over forty years....Really is just a hobby for me.I really like board wargames the best although I have quite of number of computer wargames and flight simulators....Have been designing scenarios and missions for a number of years....My most recent wargame projects have been designed using the Panther Games Battles from the Bulge software. I designed perhaps six scenarios for it. After looking closely at the Vassal software I realized it would perfect for transferring my BftB scenarios over to in board game format...I want to start off with something small and I have a mini scenario I made covering the WWII battle of Wingen sur Moder,part of Operation Nordwind in early 1945....the mini scenario has a small map and a limited number of counters....I seem to have a fairly good handle on using the module creator but it will take a while to get the scenario ready for public use......Hopefully I might find a few people interested in testing out my game system....really nothing special....very similar to Avalon Hill wargames... Here is a view of the map.....I am in the process of covering over the BftB graphics,most notably the woods....Also have begun work on the counters but still have a ways to go on them....I think a small portion of the map is going to be clipped off...judging by the preview of the post......

sweeteye

Re: Wingen sur Moder Module Development

Postby sweeteye » September 20th, 2013, 4:35 am

Made substantial progress on the module during the last two days.....Went over the map graphics,created the counters,and worked on the game charts....Still have some work to do but I am done enough to begin play testing.......Really glad I discovered the Vassal program.The designers have a great idea........................

sweeteye

Return to Module General Discussion