Players List

Sorry for a silly question… but all of my search terms were too common… so no search was done… How do I add my name to the Players List for a module?

Thus spake derekrledr:

Sorry for a silly question… but all of my search terms were too
common… so no search was done… How do I add my name to the Players
List for a module?

Edit the players section of the module page using the edit link to the
right of the section heading.

J.

Also note that you have to be logged into the module wiki to do that. The wiki is a separate log in than the forum.

Thus spake DrNostromo:

Also note that you have to be logged into the module wiki to do that.
The wiki is a separate log in than the forum.

No, it’s not! When you log into the site, you should be logged into
the forum, the wiki, and the tracker. If you’re not, then I would like
to know how you got into that state so I can try to fix it.

J.

Interesting! Looks like I had never gone to a Module page while I was logged in… so I never saw the edit button. Thanks for your help. Derek

That’s interesting. I know if I haven’t been to the module pages in some time, I’ll be logged out …as in I can still see all the modules but there’s no E-mail links or the ability to edit so I just log back in. Never been logged out of the forum, though. I just always assumed they were separate.

Thus spake DrNostromo:

No, it’s not! When you log into the site, you should be logged into
the forum, the wiki, and the tracker. If you’re not, then I would like

to know how you got into that state so I can try to fix it.

That’s interesting. I know if I haven’t been to the module pages in some
time, I’ll be logged out …as in I can still see all the modules but
there’s no E-mail links or the ability to edit so I just log back in.
Never been logged out of the forum, though. I just always assumed they
were separate.

That’s expected. phpBB, Mediawiki, and Bugzilla are still using their
own auth mechanisims, but our login system is driving them behind the
scenes. Apparently the Mediawiki cookies expire before the phpBB ones
do.

J.

Lately clinking on the links of player names does not do anything now. Well in Microsoft Edge anyway. Then when I try it with Firefox all it does is open another browser window. I remember years back I swear I was able to get an email address out of it. I don’t use an email client on my computer anymore. Would that have something to do about it?

Every browser should–somewhere in its settings–give you an option for how to handle mailto: links. If you have no email client application installed locally, then opening them in another browser window/tab is probably the default, as opposed to doing nothing at all.

These days I’m sure almost all of them let you right-click an email address and choose to copy it (e.g., for pasting into some web mail app). For instance, in Firefox you right-click an email address and choose Copy Email Address.

Thanks. I did not notice the option in the right click menu until I looked more closely.