How to make a different variety of decks each game

Hi all :slight_smile:

I’m making a module with a number of shared decks, taken from a much larger list of decks (like Dominion I guess).

I’m wanting 4 decks in each game, (Deck1, Deck2, Deck3 and Deck4) on the Main Board that can be any combination of the available decks (random if possible, but that’s not 100% necessary).

I’ve set up a separate Board with the available decks in, but the command to send an entire deck to another deck only has 1 option of deck to send to (such as Deck1) which causes clashes, as each combination of Decks needs to be available. What would be the best way to do this?

Cheers!

First, you need to use a different method.

Instead of using the send entire deck option in the Deck dialog, create a prototype that you can add to every single card that has 4x Return to Deck traits (1 for each deck) each with a different key of course. Somewhere else or on toolbar you will need/have a button that will execute a trigger to send X number of cards from deck Y to deck Z. Build button /triggers as needed (or use multi action buttons etc…).

This means it also allows you to mix and match depending on how complex you wish to build your triggered GKC expressions. i.e get 12 cards from deck A, send them to deck 1 and also get 4 cards from deck B and send them to deck 1 as well. Set your decks to shuffle always and the cards the routine will retrieve will always be random

Wow, thanks for the quick reply!

That worked exactly as I wanted - The decks are to be kept seperate, not mixed together so that was 1 less step I had to do :slight_smile: