can't get past the Welcome to Vassal screen

Completely new to vassal. Help…

• Model: Dell Inspiron Mini 1018
  • Operating System Windows 7 starter
  • CPU: Intel Atom CPU N455 @1.66Ghz 1.77Ghz
  • Memory: RAM 2GB
  • Video Card: Intel Graphics Media Accelarator 3150
  • Vassal version. 3.3.10
  • Java version: from Java center: 7 Update 51 build 1.7.0_51b13 from Firefox: 7.0.510.13 10.51.2.13
  • Vassal module name and version: Memoir44vX (If applicable. If it’s not a module available from the VASSAL module list, then please include a link so we can download it ourselves.)
  • I click on my VASSAL start up icon. Vassal opens with a welcome screen “Welcome to VASSAL”. I click on the X on the start up screen or the X on the VASSAL screen everything dissapears. End of experience.

Same thing happens if I try to open the Memoir44 module I downloaded.

I do not see anything below the words “Welcome to Vassal”

And I can’t get it to drag up to even see the buttons along the bottom that I know should be there (now that I’ve looked at a similar post…) is there a keyboard command to help me “grip” the screen and move it up without getting to the top or bottom edge 'gripping" place?

So, I took a player’s advice and simply tried to hit enter while on the welcome screen. Nothing. Then I found if I left clicked and held and gripped and then used my up arrow, I could see the bottom of the welcome screen and it ends right under “Welcome to Vassal”. So, where are my buttons and what is happening? Help, anyone…?

You probably have a screen for which the vertical resolution is rather low. The buttons in the welcome window are off the bottom of your screen. Drag the window upward so you can see them, or use the current development build, 3.2.11-svn8998, where the problem is corrected:

vassalengine.sourceforge.net/builds/

Downloading it now and will try it out. Thanks for the hopeful help!

uckelman, that was it! Thank you so very much!!!