A couple of old questions that maybe are now possible?

A couple of questions I remember asking a long time ago (we’re talking years) that were not possible then, but might be possible now:

Is there any functionality in for terrain? In particular I am thinking of whether it is possible to automate movement on a hex based map across multiple turns. This would need hexes to have movement values, and I wondered if someone has attempted this.

The other question; is it possible to create mouse over hotspots on a map - here I am thinking of popups that appear when you mouse over certain areas. Anyone tried that one?!

I am facing the same problem with a module I am currently working on. The only way I have found so far is to use the"Fixed Distance" move command and the “Can Pivot” commands. But enven that is proving problematic because when I try to combine the two together with a “Triggered Action” only one of the two works. I think it might have something to do with getting the x and y values just right.

It is a very frustrating process to try and apply restricted movement values to a game piece on a hex grid and finding information on this perticular subject is even more frustrating.

It is my hope that in replying to your thread we can bring attention to this need.

I’m still interested in both of these questions if anyone has coe across how to do them…

Have you thought about using the stack viewer? I think you can set it to work with ‘0’ units in the stack, it’ll always give a small box with the name of the area/hex at that point.

Or, set it to give the hoverover with one piece, and have a series invisible non-selectable pieces on the map. You set them up with all the trait values you need, then set the stack viewer to echo them. (Take a look at Federation & Empire module to see how complicated the stack viewer can get.)

Properties inherent to a hex grid would be a nice feature, but you could possibly achieve the same results by creating areas under the hex grid with a variety of values such as terrain type and then cross reference the type against whatever is needed.