Independent, Non-linear UNDOs

Here you go. Fixed and added to all your units Russian and German

vassalengine.org/wiki/File:TRC5fixed.vmod

You had done everything right but missed one crucial thing - the last field in the Map dialog - yours was empty and why it wasn’t working properly - see attached image so you know where I was talking about

Well, that’s great! Now for me to try it.

By the way, just found the TRC6.vmod. It was on my desktop. I guess I had moved it there from Charles and forgot… I have changed the Board back to TRC4a and will try this thing again.

You guys are great.

I meant from the VASSAL module page where the test files were uploaded. How would I delete a file there or identify to you that the file could be deleted?

Let me know the ones you want deleted and I’ll remove them

Okay, I tried the fixed module but it didn’t work. The “Return to Start” trait wasn’t listed for the former example units.

On editing the module, I saw that the Prototype trait “ReturnToStart” was absent, so I added it to one unit.

Checking the module, the ReturnToStart trait was still missing from the unit in TRC5fixed.vmod.

Still seem to have problem getting that trait applied to units.

Did notice that the module version had been updated automatically from Tim’s “TRC5fixed.vmod” 3.2.6 to 3.2.8. Could that be a problem?

I think that I noticed that the CTRL V thing was missing from the Tim’s TRC5fixed.vmod but was still listed as a trait when I opened the edited module. Will check edit again.

Whoops, have to do other things for a while. Will go over all this tonight.

Nope updating shouldnt be a problem

The TRC5fixed works perfectly for me. The prototype “ReturnToStart” was added to the “common” prototype, which is already on all the pieces (therefore inheriting “returntostart”) so it does not need to be added to the individual pieces. I also removed movement trails from the “common” prototype because you said this was a feature you did not like.

If the CTRL V is gone from my module (which it is) but listed in the edited module then you aren’t looking at the same thing or mixing modules up

Just to show you Its working, here is a logfile taken from TRC5fixed module I uploaded. I have not changed the module in anyway since uploading it

Never doubted you. Just can’t understand yet why my system does not work as your does.

Taking some time out. Be back in 3 hours.

I want to repeatedly do that to any other piece or all pieces that moved or may move during the turn. The blade of trauma can attack target and make it into a state of intoxication. Dazzling burst attack weeks and make them into a blind for the enemy. Pounce on target and make it into a state of intoxication, and reduce its withdrawal rate. vipaionkinah.com/

Sorry for the delay. I ran through a full virus scan. Took much longer than I thought. I was concerned that what I seeing was not actually matching what you were achieving. Anyway, the virus scan is finally finished, but I have several maintenance tasks are yet to be done.

I don’t know what that preceding message meant, to whom it was directed, or from who it originated. Is it supposed to mean something?

Yes, Tim, the Return to Start fix works fine as the log file shows. Thanks for all the help from all of you. I guess I have used a lot of time the your parts. I am no where near finished with this, but I think I had better do some study on my own with the design manual before asking you to devote any more time to our TRC problems.

All the files that I loaded for this project into VASSAL’s system earlier can be deleted:

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/File:TRC4v2.vmod%20TRC4v2.vmod
http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/File:TRC5.vmod
http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/File:Tmp2979249757449415253.zip
http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/File:Tmp4485721568328777342.zip
http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/File:Tmp8843374889608235583.zip

Please don’t delete Tim’s files yet as I will probably need to refer to them in order to accomplish things like not printing a Logfile or Movement Trace.

I have a lot of other old files lying around for other modules. I have a number of on going projects, but I will get to them in time and post them for deletion also. Somewhere you are paying for needless extra storage space.

PS: I will make a VASSAL donation .

I suspect it is spam. I wouldn’t trust that weblink without further info.

The files have been deleted

Thus spake Tim M:

“Charles McLellan” wrote:

I don’t know what that preceding message meant, to whom it was
directed, or from who it originated. Is it supposed to mean something?

I suspect it is spam. I wouldn’t trust that weblink without further
info.

It was spam. It’s gone and the account banned.

J.

Just thought that some might be interested in the progress so far. The majority of the time between the last entry and this was taken in modifying the ADC2 TRC4 module. Although the map graphics are not the best, I wasn’t responsible totally for the map – my only contribution was the time track. I worked primarily on the counters and a “How to Play TRC” in ADC2. The counters themselves were essentially copies of those developed by L2DG. In redoing I just moved the time track and off-map boxes to the left side of the map preparing the way for the addition of the southern expansion. The counter set now includes the few additional counters for that expansion. I made some charts as those were omitted from the original ADC2 module.

Importing the module from ADC2 was, thanks to Michael Kiefte, very easy.

I have added the Return to Start feature and in works magnificently. Many thanks to Joel Koepp and particularly Tim McCarron who spent hours trying to guide and show me how to accomplish these non-linear UNDOs.

There is one minor problem that I have to tackle with the UNDOs. A unit removed from the Tray or Deck does not know where to return to. Consequently, whenever a unit is taken from the Tray, the End Move button needs to be pressed. By the way, the button’s name has been changed to End Impulse Move (Terminate Impulse Movement).

To complete the VASSAL module there are a few things that still need to done:

1. Allow one of four partially transparent overlays to be attached to a unit and collectively removed at the end of impulse/turn.
  2. Set-up several separate trays for replacements and air units.
    Both of theses are done by the WGA’s trc module so it shouldn’t be impossible.

Reading several sections of the VASSAL Module Design manual. Still a very difficult read for me.

HELP!!! Now the return to start no longer works.

I corrected an error in the ADC2 module and imported again into VASSAL. No problem so far. I copied the Return To Start edits, but the return to start feature does not work.

I removed the old module in which the Return to Start did work, removed the new imported module, and reimported the corrected module again. Copied all the Return to Start edits, and… Return to Start still didn’t work.

The only disturbing thing is that the VASSAL engine seemed “remember” the old module somehow. I say this because when loading a “fresh” module, VASSAL asks for name and passwords and takes some time loading the images. In this case, those steps were missing. So, maybe VASSAL is stashing some stuff away that I wish that it would forget. How is that possible?

The only “cure” that I can think of is to totally remove VASSAL, a clean removal, then download and reinstall the engine again. Do you think that would correct the situation?

Of course, I could have made a error or missed something. I can check my inputs, but if I missed something I am dead until I can get more help.

I am uploading my module to VASSAL. Here is the URL: http://www.vassalengine.org/mediawiki/images/5/56/TRC4.vmod

Extremely unlikely that would do anything useful at all.

Module preferences are store based on the Module name (inside the editor), so any module with the same name will share the same preferences e.g username/password.

Tiling of images is based on module name and module version number.

Thus spake Charles McLellan:

The only disturbing thing is that the VASSAL engine seemed “remember”
the old module somehow. I say this because when loading a “fresh”
module, VASSAL asks for name and passwords and takes some time loading
the images. In this case, those steps were missing. So, maybe VASSAL is
stashing some stuff away that I wish that it would forget. How is that
possible?

This is normal and unrelated to your problem. VASSAL stores your
username and password, and caches image tiles by the combination of
the module name and version number.

The only “cure” that I can think of is to totally remove VASSAL, a clean
removal, then download and reinstall the engine again. Do you think that
would correct the situation?

No, definitely not.

J.

Rats! I missed the same Main Map thing that Tim pointed out before. I need to add that in.

Not a problem with VASSAL’s memory – a problem with my memory… That fixed the problem. The Return to Start works again!

I guess that the real problem is that I am only copying Tim’s and Joel’s work. I have no idea of what I am doing and why. Only about 100 pages to go on the VASSAL Module Design manual.

Thanks again to all.