Adjustable stacking offset for decks

Currently all decks have an identical +x -y offset that creates the visual effect of a 3D stack when multiple pieces are in the deck.

I would very much like to have the option to adjust that offset.

Any chance of that happening?

Thus spake Benkyo:

Currently all decks have an identical +x -y offset that creates the
visual effect of a 3D stack when multiple pieces are in the deck.

I would very much like to have the option to adjust that offset.

Why?

J.

1. Say you want to show a stack/deck of units that have a partially-visible portion while in the stack/deck. A stack just isn’t as handy as a deck in some circumstances, as decks have some built-in functions that can be very convenient. In my case I’d like a row of pieces. The player draws the top piece of the row, and can use the ‘return to deck’ trait to easily send them back. The deck would be a visual representation of how many pieces are there, without needing a separate numeric counter.

2. It would be nice to able to match the direction of the 3D effect on deck stacks to isometric or 3D art on a board or pieces in cases where the art isn’t representing 3D in exactly the same way as the decks.

Oh, I just noticed this in the Vassal Request for Enhancement Tracker from 2012:

Bug 4817 - Stacking options per Deck, not Map

…I’ll be sure to check it thoroughly before making requests in the future. Sorry!

I agree, I’m surprised this is not possible. It would also be helpful if we could have different options for non-deck stacks within the same map. For example if one stack is cards and another is coins, they stack in opposite directions.

I’ve also often wished I could apply a “Mouse Over Stack Viewer” to the WHOLE deck, instead of only having the option to “include top card of deck”.