Create account / Log in

Re-Ordering Top Cards of a Deck

Talk about module design ideas and techniques.

Moderators: uckelman, Tim M

Re-Ordering Top Cards of a Deck

Postby orionsbell » July 9th, 2014, 6:39 am

For my next trick...

With another card in the game:

Player places card on board that allows them to look at top five cards of a deck.

Without the opponent seeing what they see, the player needs to look at the top X number of cards in the deck and then place them back in any order.

Help?
orionsbell

Re: Re-Ordering Top Cards of a Deck

Postby grouchysmurf » July 9th, 2014, 7:11 am

A quick draft:

1. Draw Pile set to Shuffle = Never. Enable users to draw multiple cards from the Draw Pile.
2. Create private hands for each player -- this ensures nobody can peep cards the other player draws from the deck.
3. Give each card a Return To Deck (to Draw Pile) trait and assign it to, say, Ctrl-R key.
4. Players would draw cards from the Draw Pile to their private window and through Ctrl-R action send them back to the Draw Pile in the order as they wish.

This can also be automatized, to some extent but I am not sure whethe it's worth the effort (you would need to assign to a card, by playing of which 5 cards are drawn, an action which would automatically send cards from the top of the pile to the private window; you would need to find a way to determine a window to which cards are sent).
grouchysmurf

Postby orionsbell » July 9th, 2014, 7:35 am

grouchysmurf wrote:A quick draft:

1. Draw Pile set to Shuffle = Never. Enable users to draw multiple cards from the Draw Pile.
2. Create private hands for each player -- this ensures nobody can peep cards the other player draws from the deck.
3. Give each card a Return To Deck (to Draw Pile) trait and assign it to, say, Ctrl-R key.
4. Players would draw cards from the Draw Pile to their private window and through Ctrl-R action send them back to the Draw Pile in the order as they wish.

This can also be automatized, to some extent but I am not sure whethe it's worth the effort (you would need to assign to a card, by playing of which 5 cards are drawn, an action which would automatically send cards from the top of the pile to the private window; you would need to find a way to determine a window to which cards are sent).

No. The payers' hands can already be crowded and I didn't want to just add the cards to those windows and then drag them back. They already have a Return to Deck for discarding them.
orionsbell

Postby grouchysmurf » July 9th, 2014, 7:56 am

No need to drag them back, RtD will do the job.
grouchysmurf

Postby orionsbell » July 9th, 2014, 5:13 pm

You can have 2 Return to Deck traits for a card?
orionsbell

Postby JoelCFC25 » July 9th, 2014, 5:52 pm

Sure, there's no limit. I have a module with cards using (I think) 8 different RtD traits.
JoelCFC25

Return to Module Design