different marker/counter value if a card is masked

I’m attempting to add automatic basic scoring to my Yardmaster Express (http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Yardmaster_Express) module, but it would require each card to have two different values depending on whether or not it’s been masked. The value is 4 if it is masked. If the face is showing, it can be 4, 5, 6, or 8 (I don’t think that there are any 7 cards). Does anyone know how to give a different marker/counter value to a card based on whether or not it’s masked – if it’s even possible? Thanks!

Use a calculated Property with an if statement that references the ObscuredToOthers property

should go something like this (syntax may not be perfect)

CP Name : ScoreValue
CP Value : If (ObscuredToOthers = true, ValueWhenMasked, ValueWhenNotMasked) e.g if(ObscuredToOthers = true, 4, 8)

Interesting… I’ll give that a try! (I’m assuming that it’s the number eight and then right parenthesis at the end of that statement)

Okay, I have that in and it liked it, but I don’t know how to really do anything with it. I can’t seem to get it to do a total or even print the the first value.

I need it to add the values of each card in a zone and display that in a text label – for five different zones.

I think that I may be in way over my head with this one =-(

Oh, some more information that I just realized I left out of the original post:

Each player has a zone that can hold 5-7 cards. The score is a total of the point values of those cards (which, as I said before, can be different depending on the side of the card that’s showing)

New update:

Your idea works perfectly for making the value appear on the card, so that’s definitely a great first step. Now I just have to figure out how to add all of the ScoreValue values in a zone!

See this thread from a couple months ago: https://forum.vassalengine.org/t/can-you-count-pieces-in-a-zone/6837/1

I think that I may need to change my single zone for each player to make it so that each train card goes into its own grid “slot”. I could then tell it to add everything in the p1 slots, everything in the p2 slots, and so on…

I think that I could then just make a button that does it all without having to trigger on every turn/movement.

Does that sound correct/logical?

Ugh, I just realized that doing the ScoreValue thing overrides my card names… so logging/reporting doesn’t work like it used to! =-(