Create account / Log in

What Does "TAINTED LOOKING BAD" Mean?

Support for existing Vassal modules. Ask here if you need help with a specific module.

Moderators: uckelman, Tim M

What Does "TAINTED LOOKING BAD" Mean?

Postby SpecterFan110557 » September 18th, 2014, 8:27 am

I've got a problem here and frankly it's driving me nuts. :x

I'm still learning the ropes where Vassal is concerned. Right now the module I'm interested in is Arkham Horror. I have the base module and "The Curse of the Dark Pharaoh" extension loaded. In the Module Library window the entry for the "Dark Pharaoh" extension reads: [Module] AH_Dark_Pharaoh_duf.vmdx [Module Version] 1.7.0 [VASSAL Version] 3.3.3 [Description] Dark Pharaoh Expansion (Tainted looking bad).

I don't know what this means. I don't know where this came from. I don't know what caused this. I don't know if I caused this. I may have. I posted previously about an incorrect module version number being displayed. I did some poking around but I made no changes.

I have tried everything I can think of to correct it but I have no idea what to do or how to do "it", whatever "it" may be. I've tried deleting the extension and downloading a fresh copy but that does not seem to help either.

This is a major favorite of mine. Please, I need some help from the "Pros" here. Any help or positive input would be appreciated.

Thanks
SpecterFan110557

Re: What Does "TAINTED LOOKING BAD" Mean?

Postby Brent Easton » September 18th, 2014, 1:06 pm

I don't know what this means.

It means that that is the name that the developer has given this module extension. It is actually called ' Dark Pharaoh Expansion (Tainted looking bad)'.

I think he is trying to tell you that this extension does not work very well and you should probably instead be looking at using the Dark Pharaoh revised expansion (AH_Dark_Pharaoh_Revised_duf.vmdx‎ )extension instead.
Brent Easton

Postby SpecterFan110557 » September 19th, 2014, 5:11 am

But the first time I ran this module with this extension "(Tainted looking bad)" was not in the description. It did not appear at all.
SpecterFan110557

Postby Brent Easton » September 19th, 2014, 12:05 pm

Maybe you used a different extension, I don't know. But I just downloaded AH_Dark_Pharaoh_duf.vmdx from the module page and checked the buildfile and that's what it is called.
Brent Easton

Postby SpecterFan110557 » September 20th, 2014, 5:10 am

Buildfile?
SpecterFan110557

Return to Module Support