Kingmaker: Stacking Order?

Hi Guys

I’d thought to post here before I go inventing the wheel again, but can you set a property in a set of cards for them to stack in order when selected?

For example, in Kingmaker, the following types of Crown Cards should be ssorted in this order …

Lord (Top Card)
Title (If Lord has none!)
Office
All the rest (usually any order, I think … bishops, towns, ships, merc’s … anything else?)

… Any feedback appreciated before I go off and see if it can be done! … Thanks, Walts

No feedback?

Never got any real time to look into it myself, so I guess we’ll just have to suffer the old manual way,

Walts

It’s possible, but it would take some setup–there’s no built-in function to do what you are seeking. After the cards get classified by their type, you’d need a Trigger and a pile of Global Key Commands.

The broad outline–select multiple cards that you want to stack in the correct order, and apply a Trigger to them all that does the following via GKCs:

1. Send everything lacking the Lord, Title, or Office type to a designated location
  2. Send all the “Office” type cards to the same location
  3. Send all the “Title” cards to the same location
  4. Send all the “Lord” cards to the same location

Then they should be stacked correctly.

Thanks Joel for the suggestion.

Looking at the setup of the cards, I was hoping that they could be simply sorted on their iD’s, but works been impossible to read through the various development notes for modules to tackle this,

Walts

Unfortunately, the stacking order is not programmed into the game, so you have to kind of manage it, painstakingly with the “stacking tools” such as they are.

Here’s what works for me:

Let’s say you’re distributing your cards from the initial deal.

1. First triple-right click the pile of cards to “explode” the view. (Also, use the 3xright-click any time you want to select ALL of a stack. All their borders should turn black. You can then single-right click on any ONE of them and control just that one. If you click on the top card in a stack, it should all move as one stack.
  2. Then, drag all your nobles out and way from the other cards, then move what’s left where it’s a bit more out of the way.
  3. Then array your nobles at the top of your faction area.
  4. Having done that, assign title cards to untitled nobles. Drag a title card under/below one of your untitled nobles. Let’s say it aligns itself, but stays above the noble card. Hit the down arrow to move that card to the bottom of the stack, and it will reposition, but maybe still appearing over the noble card. click on the noble card, and then it should appear at the top of the stack. Occasionally, the game will “resist” this kind of stacking, and you just have to keep at it, until it cooperates (much like the opposing factions).
  5. Do the same for your Bishoprics/Archbishoprics. After dragging them into a noble’s stack, click the down arrow to send the card to the bottom of the stack, then click on the noble card, which should produce the proper order and proximity.
  6. Repeat the process for town, ships, mercenaries, in whatever order works for you.

I admit, I didn’t try to see if I could “successfully” place a title card under an already titled noble… but, if you play a game, somebody should spot that pretty quick, right? I doubt that’s been built into the game… but it would be nice if somebody with a LOT of module authoring experience could update this, and write those “hierarchy rules” (if I can use such a horrid pun!)