Create account / Log in

Extensions

Topics related to Vassal game modules.

Moderators: uckelman, Tim M

Re: Extensions

Postby Charles McLellan » January 2nd, 2015, 3:41 pm

Thanks for the response. Hope that you are settled now.

I will have to go back and see what all this means. I've forgotten much of what I thought that I knew.
Charles McLellan

Postby barbanera » January 9th, 2015, 8:02 pm

I am not an extension expert, but I noticed you better create all your extensions checking the "allow opening by any module" option.

If you do not do that, then whenever you try to port that extension to a new module (or just change the name of the original module using it), it won't work. No amount of editing the buildfile, moduledata, extensiondata seem to do the trick.

So, in case you hit that problem like I did: go back to "old" module where the extension is. Edit it and check the "allow opening by any module" option. Save it, maybe directly in the _ext folder of the "new" module. Then it should appear in the available extensions for the "new" module (or "add" the saved extension to your "new" module if you saved it elsewhere).
barbanera

Postby Charles McLellan » January 11th, 2015, 5:09 am

where do you find the "allow opening by any module" option?
Charles McLellan

Postby Charles McLellan » January 11th, 2015, 5:13 am

Actually, I think that I am just going to surrender at this point. Having read and reread the instructions, I just don't comprehend what needs to be done.

Thanks for all the attempts to help.

Good-bye!
Charles McLellan

Postby barbanera » January 11th, 2015, 9:45 pm

Charles McLellan wrote:where do you find the "allow opening by any module" option?

Edit the extension, then click the "Extension Properties" button (below the Help menu. Then check "allow loading with any module".
barbanera

Postby mrsumerian » October 10th, 2015, 7:55 pm

I have downloaded VASSEL and the Cry Havoc .vmod file. When I open VASSEL I see the Cry Havoc Module and I right click on that and get a window and I click on "add extension". I pick the extension that I want and when I add it I get an error message "Unable to right" but a branch tree appears in front of the Cry Havoc mod and shows added but when I run the Cry Havoc mod there is nothing from the extension.
mrsumerian

Previous

Return to Module General Discussion